08

Jeon Heejin's POV

I went upstairs to my room and carefully laid on my bed. I looked at my phone and saw the cracked screen. I sighed. 

I opened my messages and saw tons from my friends, then from Hyunjin asking me how I was, and then from Gaeul. 

My phone rings, and it's Gaeul. I answered, and I was greeted by an enthusiastic 'hey'. 

"How are you? I heard from Yujin that you got into a fight, " she said on the other line. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, holding up a groan when I flipped to the side. 

"Really? Are you sure? 'Cause I'm outside your house," she said, making me get up quickly, pain hitting me all at once, failing to hold in the noise of pain this time. 

"See? You're not. Let me in, dumbass, " she said, and I peeked outside through my window. God, she's really there. 

I ran downstairs and opened the door for her, my parents are still treating Hyeol, but I didn't mind them. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"Nice way to greet someone, Two" she said.

I stepped to the side, letting her in. I felt my family's gaze on us, making me swallow. 

"Who's that, Two?" my dad asked, with a calm ass tone. 

"Ah, she's Gaeul, my friend," I said, pulling Gaeul gently towards them. 

"Euli, this is my mom and my dad." I introduced my parents to her. 

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Jeon," she said politely, with a kind smile. 

"Good evening to you too." 

They asked her why she's here, and I told them that we're going to do a research paper. I brought her upstairs to my room, and luckily, I cleaned my room yesterday, so it's squeaky clean. 

"Why are they only treating Hwihyeol?" she asked, out of curiosity, I guess.

I have my hand on my ribs as I take a seat on my bed. 

"Well, ..... Unfortunately for me, they only care about my twin sister, " I said, avoiding looking at her. 

"Why are some parents like that?" she asked, shaking her head and walking towards me.

"Show me your wounds," she said as she placed the paper bag on my bed.

"Aunt Yu already treated it, it's alright." I said, but she's stubborn. 

"Let me see how bad it is," she said, holding my chin and lifting my face. 

"It's not that bad, you're still pretty as ever," she said, making me chuckle. 

"Yujin told me that the bandages needed changing after four hours" 

"I'll take care of it, don't worry," I said. 

She sat beside me and we both stared at my wall. 

"Are you okay?" she asked. 

"I already told you, I'm okay-"

"I'm not talking about the injuries, Heejin," she said, and that shut me up. 

Of course, no, I'm not. 

I smiled, "I'm perfectly fine."

"Liar," she said, looking at me. 

"Your eyes are getting teary and you're telling me that you're okay? I know we just met, but trust me, you can tell me everything. I've been there, so don't hesitate to tell me how you feel 'cause I know how fucking hard it is."