06

Jeon Hwihyeol's POV

Heejin didn't come home again last night. I swear I'll age faster because of her. She got me worrying about her every day.

"Have you seen Two?" I asked Minjeong.

"I saw her this morning getting out of Chae's room. I guess she slept there." she answered me.

Oh.

"Thanks, Win" she nodded at me, and I went upstairs to the rooftop. 

I saw my twin sitting on the edge, smoking a cigarette. How many times did I already tell her to stop smoking? 

"Hee" I called her.

"What are you doing here? Class is about to start," she said, not bothering to turn around and look at me. 

"So are you. What are you doing here?" I carefully sat down beside her. 

"None of your business," she answered. 

It's obvious that she's upset about something. She rarely answers me with this kind of statement.

I put my hand inside her pocket, getting the packet of cigarettes in there. She grabbed my wrist, stopping me. 

"Don't. Mom's not gonna like it." she said, taking away the packet. 

"Then don't do it too," I said, and she just chuckled. 

"She just cares about you, and not me. She's not gonna get mad even if I smoke the whole packet in a day." she's not looking at me while she says that. 

I know she's hurt. I know how unfair our parents are. And I'm mad at myself that I couldn't do anything to help her out. 

Every time I try to defend her from mom and dad, they'll just be harsher on her. 

"I'm sorry," I said. 

"For what?" she asked, blowing the smoke out of her mouth. 

"You didn't do anything bad to me, so there is no need for that," she added. 

"Heejin" I called her, making her look at me. 

"If you need someone, go to me. Don't run away from me again and again, Two. I want you to come to me whenever something's bothering you. I'm not your twin sister for nothing." 

It kind of hurts me that whenever she has a problem, she goes to our friends and not to me. 

"I rather not disturb you," she said. 

"You're not a disturbance. You're my sister, you matter to me, you're my other half, you mean so much to me, Heejin. Please, don't think of yourself so lowly. Don't listen to mom and dad. You're much more than you think you are." I caress the back of her head. 

You're the only reason why I'm still here, Two. 

"Thanks for the kind words," she cracks up with a smile. 

"I saw you and Hyunjin last night..." she what?? 

"So, what's the label?" she gave me a teasing smile, causing my cheeks to heat up. 

"Still the same." I looked away. 

"I think you should put a label on it already. Hyunjin's a sweetheart. Many people would want her for themselves. Don't let anyone steal her from you." she said, and my eyes went back to her. 

You're one of those people, right? 

I chuckled. 

"I'm still hesitating," I said.