29

Jeon Heejin's POV

I quietly sat in the corner and watched over my twin who was sleeping on the couch. I heaved a sigh as I struggled to keep my eyes open. For some reason, I cried so much earlier that it became quite difficult to keep them open for a long time. 

"Gaeul, honey, I need your help over here," Aunt Kim called from the kitchen. 

Gaeul gently lifted Hyeol's head from her lap, and I was about to go there to replace her when Hyunjin beat me to it. Hyunjin sat on the couch and let Hyeol's head rest on her thigh. 

Her hand landed softly on my twin's face and caressed it lightly. I know this is not the time to get jealous, but I felt a tug in my chest. 

I looked away, and I heard a chuckle from the girl sitting beside me. My gaze met Minju's, and she gave me a reassuring smile. 

"Jelly?" she spoke, and I just broke off our eye contact. 

"Don't be. Hyunjin's so into you, just so you know." she said, patting my arm. 

"Here, have this." 

She put something in my hand, and when I looked at it, it was a pack of chewing gum.

"Stop smoking." she said firmly. 

"I'll seriously throw you away together with Chaewon if you two don't stop smoking cigarettes." she said, making me chuckle. 

"Thanks, Min. Don't worry, I'll try to stop." I said. 

"Don't just try. Do it." she replied. 

"Yeah, yeah." 

I opened the plastic packaging and got one gum, unwrapping it and putting it in my mouth. I chew on it quietly and look again at the two most precious people in my life. 

Hyunjin's face is full of worries. Just like earlier this afternoon, when Jiwon told us that mom and dad were there. I remembered how tight she grabbed onto my hand at that moment, and also how she covered me from my parents. She even grabbed my mom's arm when she tried to reach me. 

Right. They're still best friends. I've got nothing to worry about. Is that right, blue?

-

Fuck my parents. I just got home and they fucking changed all the locks in our house. I mean all of it. How will I ever fucking go inside now? 

"Is there a problem?" I saw Hyunjin coming towards me. 

"They changed the locks." I shoved my keys back in my pocket and let out a defeated sigh. 

"Really?" she went to check, and I just stood here. All of my things are still in my room. I need them, especially my school supplies. 

"Just stay with me tonight and we'll figure out how to get your stuff tomorrow." she said, pulling me by my hand towards her mini mansion. 

"Wait. I don't have any clothes with me-" she cuts me off. 

"Just wear mine, Adi." 

Adi... I smiled at that and just let her drag me to her house. 

"I'll cook dinner for us. You go to my room and change your clothes. If you want to take a shower, you can get clean towels at the bottom of my closet. The other stuff is stored in the cabinet in my bathroom. Feel free to use them." she said, before going to the kitchen. 

I went upstairs to her room and took a quick shower. I took my time to make myself look good to Hyunjin. Lastly, I dried my hair and went back downstairs.