21

WARNING!!!
THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS CONTENT THAT SOME MAY FIND DISTURBING

3rd person's POV

Heejin was skating with Hyunjin in the skate park where they always hung out with their friends when her phone inside her pocket vibrated.

She halted the skateboard and took it out of her pocket.

jeon one🐶

you left?
bro, where are you?

im skating with hyun
why?

comeback here

what? why?

just go home
...please?

okay, okay, im omw

take care, ily

i will dw, ilyt
read 6:45pm

Heejin is confused why Hwihyeol wants her to go home, but still, she complied. She walked Hyunjin home, making sure the girl got home safely before she went to her own home. 

She opened the front door and could see her family in the living room from where she was standing. 

Mrs. Jeon was quick to inform her husband that Heejin was there, and the palm that was supposed to hit Hwihyeol's cheek landed softly on the top of her head, caressing it affectionately. 

Heejin was about to get jealous of the way their parents showed affection to Hwihyeol, but then, it all vanished away when her twin sister looked at her with teary eyes. 

Did they scold her? Was it about Hwihyeol's low scores in their quizzes?

Heejin watched as Hwihyeol flinched when their mother caressed her cheeks. Mrs. Jeon whispered something to Hwihyeol and the girl timidly nodded. 

"I'm home," Heejin said after she finished taking off her shoes. 

"Change your clothes. We'll be having our dinner in 30 minutes," Mrs. Jeon said, walking back to the kitchen. 

Heejin went upstairs, and Hwihyeol quickly followed behind her. 

"What happened?" Heejin whispered. 

The other girl shook her head as she entered Heejin's room too. Her face is red, which is not really unusual. Her face easily turns red whenever she's embarrassed, when she's about to cry, when she's angry, and many more. That's why Heejin didn't find it suspicious. 

Hwihyeol laid on Heejin's bed as the owner of the room changed her clothes. Right after tossing the clothes in the laundry basket, Heejin lay beside Hwihyeol. 

They talked about random things until they got to the "what do you want to be in the future?" and "what do you want to do?" topics.

Heejin said, "I really want to be an artist," to which Hwihyeol hummed. 

"How about you?" Heejin asked. 

"Dead." Hwihyeol said jokingly. Heejin laughed, not knowing that Hwihyeol actually meant it. 

"Heejin, I want to be dead," Hwihyeol said, with no hint of joking in her voice. 

Heejin looked at her in the eyes and searched for something. She saw nothing but sadness, pain, tiredness, and seriousness. 

"Hyeol..."

Hwihyeol's laughter echoed in the room as she clutched her stomach while pointing at Heejin's face. Heejin realized that she was just joking. Was she, though?