𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚

❝「𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕」¡

❝「𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕」¡

EVERY DAY FOR A WEEK, Jimin would go to join Kadence beneath the stairs with his lunch. There's no greeting, he'd simply come over, sit down beside her, and start eating while asking how her day was. He'd listen carefully when she would respond, each day her responses becoming a bit more elaborate as to why she hated it.

Kadence had found routine in this, though she still hadn't decided how she felt about it. Outside of these few 30 minutes they spent under the stairs, they were just as they were before. They didn't talk at all, Jimin would spare a few glances as they pass each other in the halls, but he'd always do that.

Between her lack of food and hours of cheerleading practice, Kadence was beginning to grow more and more fatigued, but she could never be reckless. No matter how tired she was, she had to keep everything together, at least at school.

Soon, the constant harassment about her looks led her to take up her normal attire, tight shirts, crop tops, a dolled-up face, and little rings in her locs. She dressed like a fraud, looked like a fraud, acted like a fraud. Kadence never felt less like herself, felt less insecure than when she looked this way.

Staring at herself in the mirror, she could only see everything she hated about herself. So Kadence tried not to look at herself in the mirror for too long only for her to end up standing there for 10 minutes, just staring, crying all until she brought herself back together, cleaned up her makeup, and grabbed her bag to head out for school.

"I'll see you when I get home, Mama." She pressed a kiss to her mother's cheek, just in time to see Jayden's car come to a stop in front of their house. "Have a good day, baby." Her kiss was returned and her mother gave her a gentle pat on her back as she left out of the front door.

Jayden always prided himself on his car, a pretty, blue convertible that his parents had bought him for his birthday. Always top-down if it was anything short of raining, wearing his sunglasses as if he needed them. It was cloudy out today, the sun barely visible in the sky. He was just a douchebag.

"Hey babe," he greeted her usually, taking her jaw in his hand to kiss her to which she grimaced. Jayden liked control, he liked grabbing Kadence and pulling her into kisses even if she didn't feel like giving him a kiss. He liked grabbing her ass in the halls, tugging her hair during the few times they had sex.

His hand always found home on her thigh as he drove her to school and Kadence simply learned to ignore it. As well as the back-handed compliments such as "you look nice with the extra weight" or today, "you finally decided to put in a little effort, I see".

Jayden likes pretty things. That's why he chose Kadence to be his girlfriend, "the prettiest girl in school" they say. He wanted her to be an accessory, the school's star quarterback dating the cheer captain. It was perfect.