CHAPTER 2

[Time: 4:55pm. Location: Kogoshi Clan Osaka HQ. Primary Meeting Room]

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY?" Taro screamed at the top of his lungs and grabbing Jiro by the collar in the middle of the meeting room, filled with high ranking patriarchs and officers. Gasps of shock rang out, but to the Loyal Guard and Wild Tiger, that didn't matter.

Jiro stood his ground, not budging from the smaller man shaking him. His lilac eye stared through Taro's soul. He tried to make himself look presentable, his ash hair slicked lazily black and a black three-piece suit. He had to keep his image.

He had to be the golden standard.

"IBUKI! BITE YOUR TONGUE!" Sato yelled, a gravelly commanding tone over his calm, relaxed exterior startled the entire clan that had remained silent while watching the two bicker.

"WHAT?! THIS LIAR SAW THE SIXTH CHAIRMAN LAST AND DISAPPEARED AFTER THEY DIED!"

Jiro only looked at the hurt man with a darkened look, brows furrowing into the eyepatch on his left eye. The Tiger versus the Samurai. The two didn't falter at each other's intense glares, a chilling aura blowing through the room. Both were extremely close to the chairman, though it seemed as if Taro was just a stranger.

"You should watch what you say, Taro Ibuki." Jiro's voice was laced with venom as he hissed at him, his single eye glaring down at him whilst he pried Taro's hands off with ease, making the teal-haired man stumble. He had enough of his bullshit.

"Kurokawa-sama is not dead. They are indeed alive and currently unable to resume their position for their own safety. You would be best not to spread false information. Do not overstep your authority, Ibuki." Sato voiced out loud, hand grasping firmly on the armchair to compose himself.

"..." Taro's face seethed with anger, storming out of the room with a slam and without an inkling of respect to his superiors.

"Suzuki-san..." Sato tried to console him only to be shaken off.

"I have somewhere to be. I apologise for the unprofessionalism, Interim Chairman." He bowed deeply in apology, and excused himself. He reached into his inner blazer pocket for his phone and dialled Ryū's father.

"The funeral is about to start in 15 minutes, are you going to make it Jiro?"

"I'm not sure. Can you buy me some time? Some of the workers are part of the GDA, so we have leaks covered in case someone spots something. Are the press already there?"

"They're outside the parlour. I'll buy you as much time as possible, but Ryū's adoptive parents are here along with other public figures, and you know I can't interact with them. Be Safe, Jiro."

He sighed as he ran out to the car waiting out front, trying to exhaust the adrenaline from the fight that happened only a couple minutes ago. Slumping into the back seat, he removed his red tie as his jaw tightened in frustration. The stoic man couldn't even hide it as he screamed his lungs out, his fist almost colliding with the drivers seat once he realised where he was.

"...S-sir?"

Jiro bit his cheek and let out a small apology, looking out the window as he switched his red tie for a black one, crumpling it in his fists before throwing it next to him.

[Timeskip: 8 minutes later. Arrival at Osaka Funeral Parlour.]

"I'm really sorry, we can only allow family members and close friends of the deceased." The guards pushed back the press are far as they could, with others declaring that the family of the deceased has a right to pay respects in peace. Jiro frowned at the disrespect from the public and adjusted the black tie that blended into his all black suit, with sunglasses on instead of an eyepatch and left the car.

"Could you show me your ID, please?"

Jiro obliged, though it didn't stop him from feeling nervous. He was a criminal, like it or not.

"You may head in now sir. My condolences."

The heartbroken wails and crying of the grieving family tugged on his heartstrings. All he wanted was to tell them that they were fine, they weren't gone.

They were... fine?

"Akane, Jiro's here." Haruki piped up, gently guiding the woman towards her husband. His worn hands ushered her into a hug as he whispered in her ear with a nod in confirmation.

"The service is now starting. Please take your seats."

...

"Ryū's death will be a reminder to us all. To keep being strong, to keep on pushing forward. To protect those from the types of people that killed them.
Rest in Peace, Ryū Kuromiya. And find your way into a world with no harm and full of kindness and love." He finished his speech and walked down to sit at his seat.

"Please make your way outside for the burial."

Wordcount: 821