Chapter 2

Michelle noticed him staring with the corner of his eye from the very beginning. He had to force himself not to look back. He couldn't do anything, he just froze. Then he decided to speak to the person behind him, Gabby, to seem more natural. Dorian's piercing gaze finally dropped when the bell rang. The sound was truly deafening.

Now, Michelle could finally observe his classmate. It was his turn to stare.

In Michelle's eyes, there were no words to describe how pretty he was.

Dorian had ivory skin and smooth facial features. His face was oval and his jawline subtle. His almond-shaped eyes were the shade of cinnamon, giving him a distinctive warmth. He even had tiny darker spots in his irises, really giving that idea of sprinkled spice. His eyebrows were thin and dark and his hair was curly, short and loose. Ash brown bangs dangled across his face and Michelle couldn't bear to look at them without getting the impulse of pushing them behind Dorian's ear. His nose was also soft, slope-like, without a bump. His cheekbones were unnoticeable.

He appeared to emanate some type of warm, soft and playful energy. Dorian's features made Michelle feel the smell of an oven after baking cinnamon rolls.

Dorian got up and Michelle noticed he was the same height as him. He was thin and not very muscular.

The black-haired guy behind him, Remus, also rose from his chair, revealing that he was extremely tall. His hand naturally touched Dorians'. They looked... wholesome together. Remus was tall and muscular, with black hair and a dark blue hoodie, while Dorian was shorter, slim and wore a white shirt. Remus' hand seemed huge compared to his partner's. There seemed to be a deep connection between them, some sort of mutual understanding that gave Michelle a feeling of balance, of peace.

They must be dating, Michelle thought, not even considering being jealous.

He noticed the small, folded note on his desk. He had been so caught up with Dorian staring at him that he had forgotten to open the paper.

Remus, it said.

The handwriting was a little messy, patent even in the short word.

His lips couldn't help but turn into a smile. Remus was close to Dorian, and he wanted to get there to.

His new interest had almost nothing to do with the gaze, it was more like a hunch he had. Some type of intuitive feeling that included this new classmate. They would form an outstanding relationship, he knew it just from looking at him. That sensation he got each time he glanced at his soft face, the cinnamon eyes
and those damn bangs was unmistakable.

There was something about Dorian that called to Michelle. Come talk to me, you shall be fascinated. Come speak with me, we are meant to know each other. It is fate, come to me.

He couldn't shake off the sensation. It was all he thought about that night. Dorian was all he dreamed about. Yet he never spoke.
He hadn't perceived the sound of his voice, but he felt a need for it.
He longed for a music he had never heard.