Chapter 6

Michelle had prepared for this tutoring session. With the help of his friend, Anne, who had the supplies to make nice notes and his frenemy, Kim, who could draw nicely, he succeeded in creating diagrams of everything they had studied that semester. He had even brought a maths book full of exercises for Dorian.

The other, however, hadn't given this tutoring session much thought. He constantly had to go to his room to bring a notebook, pencils, a sharpener, an eraser, a pen...

So many journeys, so much time lost. Michelle wanted to start already, but he wasn't complaining from fear of making Dorian feel bad.

"I'm so sorry, Michelle. I've been a bit annoying, haven't I? We should start now. I'm sorry..."

"It's all good, don't worry. Do we start from the beginning?"

Exercises and explanations, theory and theorems, pages of information. Although Michelle was not the best teacher, he certainly had the patience to repeat the statements until Dorian understood.

At the end of the session, Dorian asked Michelle to hang out for a while, which they did.

The two boys went to the basement, which was a well-lit, clean, modern place (rather than a creepy rat nest, which would possibly suit irl Do better). They played on Dorian's Xbox, talked a lot then decided to use the good old foosball table.

They both stood on a side of the table, sweating over a table game. Their hands twisted and turned as the small, white ball rolled carelessly around, being constantly hit by the plastic players.

Then, all of a sudden, Michelle felt a warm touch on his hand. In an attempt to move one of his rows of players, Dorian had accidentally grabbed the wrong pipe.

"Oh, sorry."

But it was too awkward. Michelle left soon after, leaving a regretful, self-conscious Dorian behind.