Chapter 12 - The Clown, Demon and Cowards

The heavy door opened-- sliding up, revealing an empty room, only with food and supplies arrange in a row on the shelf.

"Hisoka, applicant number 44 and Mizuki, applicant number 406 are the first and second to arrive." The jellybean announced.

You heard the sound of footsteps walking. Hisoka sat on the floor, his back leaning against the wall. As a precaution, Mizuki sat at the opposite direction. Her guards were raised, green mint eyes were staring coldly at him.

Hisoka felt it. The cold and dark atmosphere taking over the room. It wasn't a nen, he knew it the moment he saw her. But it was somehow strong. Hisoka tried to remember when was the last time he felt the goosebumps on his skin.

"You don't have to stare at me so coldly like that." His voice was only sound in the room.

Mizuki still wasn't lowering her guard, and so he tried another way.

"You seem quite skilled in swordsmanship, I can feel your aura. Moreover, you seem to know something about that... demon you refer it?"

After a few seconds of silence, she finally blinked. "I've been trained just like the other swordsman, and slaying demons is part of what we do." Was all she said.

"Oh? But I'm not referring to the demon we fought back there."

Mizuki raised an eyebrow. She wasn't sure what he'd meant by that.

"I'm referring to him." He had a creepy smirk on his pale face.

Mizuki's shoulder jumped, and it was enough for the clown to get his answer.

"He must be awfully strong, I see." Hisoka was amused. "Also-"

Mizuki sigh again, not expecting for the end of his curiosity.

"That firey looking guy, the two of you shared of the same aura." 'Except that I know it's not nen.' he thought.

"Firey who?" Mizuki bluntly ask.

___________________

Mizuki didn't know how has it been. Sge sat in utter silence after the last conversation with Hisoka. The number of applicants that had passed were increasing, yet it only makes the room feel uncomfortable.

No one talk to each other, minding their own business. But if there's one thing that's making everything feel even more eerie, it was the demon, she thought.

Mizuki's hand was gripping tight on her katana handle, her palm was red without her showing any signs of lowering her guard. She sat on the floor, leaning against the wall. Her eyes never leave the figure sitting at the other side of the wall.

The clown, meanwhile, were on his spot leaning against the wall too, except that he stood in between the two of them.

His smirk widen, watching Mizuki's conversing with the demon lord, in silence. Except that Muzan wasn't showing any signs of defense, as if the ravenette weren't there at all.

The situation would continue like this, if it weren't for the familiar cheerful voice.

"Mizuki!" Mizuki finally snapped, realizing the three new figure stood before her. "We're glad you've passed to!" Gon hugged her.

"We were worried for you, to be honest. But it seems you're stronger than you look." Kurapika smiled.

"Ooo.. not bad." Killua, went to stood beside her, leaving Mizuki in between the 12 year olds.

"Hey, out of my way!" Leorio finally appear in your scene, pushing his way inside along with Tonpa.

'They all actually survive...' Mizuki were stunned. But it was enough to bring up the corner of her lips into a small smile, despite only some of them noticed.

...

Mizuki stood on the dirt ground, feeling the fresh air on her skin after being trapped in the same room for three days.

A men stood in the head of the group, who seems to be the examiner, she supposed.

"Ladies and gentlemen, congratulations on having escaped Trick Tower. Only the fourth phase and the final phase remain."

'Eh? Two more phase remain? Time have passed faster than I felt.' Mizuki had raised her eyebrows, though ears still listening.

"The fourth phase will take place over there, on Zevil Island." He pointed to an island not far from sight. "Now, let us proceed."

The men snapped his fingers, under his orders, a cart was pushed in with a box on top.

"I will need you to draw lots." A shadow fall to his face. "To determined who will hunted, and who will be hunted."

Hisoka was the first to draw the lots, Mizuki on the second and so on. There were prying eyes, who took notice the injury on Hisoka's shoulder, which almost felt like an advantage for them.

The men begin to explain the details of the rule. All the applicants were leaning in interest, giving their all attention to focus on the match.

...

'Dang, wow.. these peoples are a total cowards...' Mizuki narrowed her eyes.

"Oi, Mizuki! Aren't you gonna hide your number?!" Leorio shouted beside her ear.

"What's the fun in that?" She had a sour look on her face.

All the other applicants had hid their own number. Now some pair of eyes landed on her like a predators. Only Hisoka and Muzan, she noticed, still had their number showing off.

"Are you sure with that?" Kurapika whispered on the other side of her, eyes trained along the other figure.

"They can do all they want to steal my number, only if they can." Mizuki doesn't sounded worried at all.

Kurapika and Leorio couldn't find anything else to say. Worried looks were plastered on their face, by the bold action of Mizuki.

...

Guess who's back?

Sorry had been on hiatus for so long, and didn't update a single chapter ^^'. But dang, ive been waiting every week even since the S2 came out.

Daki and gyutaro, had become my fav character other than muichiro back of this time.

But ill be updating more regularly, thanks for being patient!