Professor Severus Snape

Y/n's Pov

"Do you like the Slytherins?" Harry asked. we're walking to potions together, as Harry had asked. You could tell Harry was nervous because of how bad his small talk was. It was almost like he was afraid to be around me. Harry had never been scared of me before, so why now? is it because I'm a Slytherin? Nonsense it's probably in my head...

"Yeah, they're awesome..." I mumbled uncomfortably. 

"that's great..."

"Harry, what do you want?" I said irritated, which surprised both me and Harry.

"Why do you hang out with Malfoy? He's bad news Y/n. You heard him last night, he's a jerk" Harry said. 

"First he's not a bad guy, you just managed to piss him off on our first night here. Second, stop pretending like your problem is with my friendship with Draco, your problem is with me being in Slytherin. I can see how your behavior towards me has changed, you're scared of me." I said angrily 

"I'm not sca-" Harry tried to say before I cut him off.

"Don't bother lying to me" I said before running off to catch up with my friends.

By the time I caught up with them, they were already walking into the potions classroom. When we walked in there was no one in the classroom. it was dim and dusty but thoroughly organized. The tables were set up in three rows, each row having three tables, and each table fitting four people. (A/N: That's 36 people right?) My friends and I, plus Crabbe and Goyle, took up two whole tables, the first table had Goyle on the outside, with Draco beside him, Crabbe on the other side of Draco, and Pansy on the other end that connected to the second table. The second table had Daphne beside Pansy on the first table, beside Daphne was Theo, then me beside him, and finally Blaise at the end. We all chatted while everyone was walking in. about 5 minutes later a man with long black robes, long black hair, and a slightly pointy nose strutted in proudly.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death..." Professor Snape, whose name I learned through Blaise, stopped and look at Harry, who was taking notes on a piece of paper at the table behind Draco.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough...to. not. pay. attention." He pauses and stares at Harry again, this makes everyone else look at him too. Harry didn't notice until Hermione nudged him making him look up.

"Mr. Potter, our new celebrity." the professor said darkly. "Tell me what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood." Harry just looked at Hermione, Who had her hand WAY up in the air, and then shook his head. Snape ignored Hermione and started talking again "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where Mr. Potter would I look if I asked you to find me a bezoar" Hermione's hand went straight up again and Harry told Snape that he didn't know. Snape ignored Hermione once again. "and what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane" Hermione's hand was about to go up again, but I shot her a glare and she quickly put her hand down. 

"I don't know sir" Harry stated glumly

"Pity...Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it Mr. Potter" Declared Snape

"Clearly Hermione knows, seems a pity not to ask her," Harry said bitterly while glaring at the professor, which made the class giggle, but Snape quickly silenced them.

"put your hand down silly girl," he said to Hermione before walking over to me. "Ms. Potter, do you know the answers?" This made all the attention turn to me.

"Asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful that it's known as Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. Lastly, monkswood and wolfsbane are the same thing, it also goes by the name of aconite." I said calmly while everyone stared at me in awe

"Well, why aren't you all Writing this down. 10 point to Slytherin." This made all of the Gryffindors groan in annoyance and all the Slytherins smirk proudly.

★ Time Skip ★

The rest of the day went by really quickly, and before I knew it, it was dinner. I came into dinner a bit late because I was studying by the tree near the black lake and lost track. it actually wasn't until a tall red appeared that I looked away from my book.

"Hello?" I said confused

"You're Y/n Right? I'm Fred Weasley, Ron's older Brother"

"oh well then, hi Fred," i said smiling 

"I like your American accent. it's different. It sets you apart from everyone else."

" Wow thank you. I've never thought of it like that"

"you're welcome y/n. Dinner's about to start, wanna with me?" Fred asks making me nod as I get up and start walking to the Great Hall with him. On our way there you get to know Fred and I realize that he's a really funny and genuine guy.

"it was nice meeting you, Fred." i said once we got to the Great Hall

"hope to talk to you again N/n (nickname)" He said and with that, we both went our separate ways, Fred to the Gryffindor table and me to the Slytherin table. Once I got there I sat in between Daphne and Theo. As I looked around I saw all my friends stare at me with bewilderment.

"what?" I asked confused

"why were you talking to a Weasley?" Pansy asked 

"His name is Fred and I was talking to him because he seems like a cool person"

"you should stay away from the Weasley, I mean you obviously can't stay away from little Weaselbee because he's your brother's best friend but, you should keep a distance from the rest. They are a disgrace to the Wizarding World, might as well be Muggle-borns. Anyway, just stay as far away from them as possible." Draco spat Disgusted.

"None of you have the right to as who I can and can not be friends with. If I want to be friends with them, then I will. You Shan't tell me what to do." I said getting up, ready to leave but then I stopped and turned around. "and just so you all know, my mom is a Muggle-born," i said in the exact tone Draco did before leaving the Slytherin table and walking over to the Hufflepuff table.

"do you mind if I sit with you guys?" I asked Ella, Adrian, Cedric, and Athena. They welcomed me with open arms and we all spent the rest of dinner laughing our heads off.