• 5 •

Better an 'oops' than 'what if'

*Statutory Warning...*

Overthinking is happening... by the author and by the protagonist...

phewww.... here you go...

***********

Ashi's POV:

I came out from the washroom and landed straightaway on my bed. I had freshened up but didn't remove my make-up. I just didn't feel like it. I sprawled on the bed with my legs still half dangling outside it. This second semi-lockdown was really distressing. All the news of this havoc created by the second wave was truly disturbing. The fact that we were still safe in our houses and doing some or the other work was a reminder of the privilege we had. And though I was going out for work and keeping myself fit with my martial arts and Boxing classes with Prateek, it was still displeasing in many ways for me too.

After Aladdin was over in January, I wanted to engage myself in work immediately and I wasn't intending for any break this time. I was almost selected to play the role of 'Ganga' on a new channel, but then it just didn't work out due to some reasons. And I felt the need to keep myself busy somehow. So in this period, I went on vacation in Goa, I went to Delhi for Atul's wedding and finally did a meet & greet for fans by myself, I shot for multiple music videos; one of them being with Siddharth, I went for a fan-meet in Ahmedabad and what not. I just kept myself busy somehow. But there was one thing that was constant throughout all this time. The gross feeling of the covid tests. Even the slightest remembrance of how I gagged and sneezed after every swab taken, it still makes me feel nauseating. Yukksss....

Thankfully today's media segment with Siddharth was a bit of relief. It was actually fun. It was part of the promotions for our music video 'Kareeb' that was going to be released soon. One thing that I like about Siddharth and my hangouts, is that people see us just as friends, and nothing beyond that. And that's the truth too. It's a good feeling that your fans see you with someone just the way you want them to. To be honest, I really really admire the bond of friendship I share with Siddharth. He has always been so supportive, and a true male friend I needed in the industry.

I got up and sat crossed legged. This April heat was gradually growing on me and I decreased the AC temperature to 22. There was nothing else scheduled for today as the weekend lockdown would commence from tomorrow morning and I'll have to look for things I can do at home. Should I go live on Insta? A random thought crossed my mind. It wasn't a bad idea by the way. It had been quite a few days since I did an Insta live. Cool then. I quickly ran to the corner of my bedroom to grab the tripod stand and took a position in front of the window curtains. Fixing my phone on the tripod, I checked my Wi-Fi connection first. It was creating a hell lot of problems recently. Everything was set and I was up for another surprise live.

 Everything was set and I was up for another surprise live