18~Living a Life

"Bucky I'm sorry," Sam says as he sits next to Bucky on his bed. "I didn't think she'd freak out and bolt," Sam says.

"What did you expect? It's y/n. She runs away from her problems," Bucky says. Sam places his hand on Bucky's shoulder. "It's just— everything happened so suddenly and I didn't know how to react. Why didn't you just tell us man?" Sam asks.

Bucky shrugs. "I didn't know how you guys would react and I was scared," he says. Sam sighs. "Oh and just so you know, I wouldn't have done the other thing if you didn't jump in the pile of shit," Sam says.

"I wouldn't have let you," Bucky says. Sam chuckles as he shakes his head. "I know you wouldn't. You've always been over protective of her," he says.

"I should go to her. Tell her I'm sorry," Bucky says. Sam looks at Bucky confused. "What are you sorry for?" He asks.

"I don't know. I just feel like I did something wrong and I need to apologize," Bucky says, "I don't wanna lose her Sam. She means to much to me, I can't be— I can't live without her."

"Then why are you sitting here? You've got a girl you need to go get boy," Sam says. Bucky cringes. "You sound like my dad when you call me boy."

Sam laughs as Bucky stands up and walks to the living room. "C'mon Steve, we're gonna go help Bucky save his relationship," Sam says as he grabs Steve's truck key. Steve walks after them.

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

You're laying on your bed, staring at the celling. Candy's curled up next to you with her head laying on your thigh. Her head pops up and her tongue sticks out. You glance at her and furrow your eyebrows.

She lets out a whine before leaping off your bed and running out of your room. You start following her and see her scratching at the door.

"D'you have to go potty?" You ask as you open the door. Candy runs up to Steve's truck and Bucky walks straight up to you. "Don't run from this," Bucky says.

"I never said I was gonna run," you say.

"I know you never said you were gonna run, but you're thinking about it, I know you are. And I'm here to tell you don't. I like what we have and I don't want it to fizzle out. I know we have something great here, okay? And no matter what you think, I'm not gonna let you go cause I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you," Bucky says.

You stare at him with wide eyes. "I now realize what I just said and I definitely made things worse didn't I?" Bucky asks. You slowly nod your head and he closes his eyes and groans.

"Look y/n, I know you probably didn't think you'd end up dating me. I never thought I'd actually be with you. I know saying I wanna spend the rest of my life with you is a little far fetch cause we're still young and we have our whole lives ahead of us, but it's how I feel. When I look at myself in the future, I can't imagine myself having a life where you're not there holding my hand or kissing me. I can't see myself living a life where you're not my girl. I only see myself with you. Cause you're the only girl for me and I'm hoping I'm the only guy for you," Bucky says.

"If you don't kiss him y/n, I will!" Sam shouts. Steve pats Sam on the shoulder. You can feel your mom staring at you through the window, but you don't care.

Bucky Barnes just told you that you're the only girl he wants. You're in love with your best friend, which is one of the best kinds of love. Only when they feel the same though. Otherwise it's kinda awkward. *cough* Sam *cough*

You walk closer to Bucky to wrap your arms around his neck and kiss him. Bucky let's out a sigh of relief as he kisses you back. His arms wrap around your waist to pull you closer.

Sam and Steve let out howls as they clap really loudly. Candy starts barking as she jumps on Steve and Sam.

You pull away from Bucky and whisper on his lips, "I can't see myself living a life without you either."

Bucky smiles widely before capturing your lips with his again. Only for a few seconds cause you're pulled away.

"Why didn't you tell me you're with Bucky?" Mae asks with her hand wrapped around your arm tightly. You scoff and rip your arm away. "Cause my relationship doesn't include you," you snap.

"I'm your mother—"

"Yea and you won mother of the year for locking your own daughter outta your storm cellar," Sam says.

Mae looks at Sam. "Keep your trap shut," she says. Sam laughs. "You're the one whose amazing at keeping things shut. She could've died, but you didn't care," he says.

Bucky walks around Mae to wrap his arm around your waist. "Why don't you stay over with me a few nights?" He asks. You look at him and smile.

"Go get some clothes and my truck keys. I'll help Candy get in my truck," he says. You kiss his cheek before running inside to grab some clothes.