9 Livia

us by jenna raine

"Abuelo? ¿Dónde está mi libro que yo leo?"

"¡No lo se Livia!" he shouts from the living room. I roll my eyes. I'm sure he put it away when he cleaned up earlier. Now I can find it.

"Ugh! Okay! Gracias," I answer.

I'm bored. There's so much space here and I can't find anything to keep me occupied.

The next moment Addie comes inside.

"Ah, I thought I would find you here," she already knows about my book obsession. So whenever she's searching for me she's looking in the private library first.

"Please tell me there's something I can do for you," I beg.

"There is. Kinda. I thought I could give you a tour of the castle. I think if you didn't grow up here it's kinda hard to find your way around. Isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is," I admit.

"So, what are we waiting for? Follow me!" I follow her through a wooden door left from us into the living room. This is a room I already know. Just like the dining hall, Addie's room, Zoe's room, Amelia's room, the kitchen, the bathrooms, the interviewing room, and the great hall.

We leave the first floor with the rooms I already know and go up into the second. We go past the doors I already know further down the hallway to the ones I don't know.

"Behind this door is Nikko and Noam's room. Camilla's and Kenzo's room is the door next to theirs. Oh, and the room next to Zoe's is Louise's.

"Okay, so from where we stand, on the right side there's my room, yours, Zoe's and then Louise's and on the left side my Abuelo's room, Camilla's and Kenzo's, the twins room and Millie's room?"

"Yes. And the bathrooms and wardrobes, but you know that."

"Yeah, okay."

We turn around and go to the end of the east wing. At the end is one door I haven't opened yet.

Addie opens it and I follow her inside.

What I see inside takes my breath away.

A big panorama window from which you can see the complete backyard. It seems to be some kind of office because there's a long table with some chairs in it.

"This was my father's office. He loved the panorama window," Addie says with a smile. She's looking outside.

"But there's more to it," she says.

That doesn't surprise me because I already know that there are hidden rooms and hallways everywhere. I am obsessed with them and not used to them yet.

It's so cool that you can just go through a bookshelf or something and then go through a hallway into another room.

Addie pushes a button on the table and a part of the wall goes away. Some stairs are behind it.

Wordless she climbs up the stairs and I follow her.

"This is the roof. My dad loved it here and most of the nights he took me up here and we watched the stars together."

I'm speechless. There's a lounge on the roof that looks so comfy and you can't see it when you stand in front of the castle.

The light chains make everything even more beautiful.

It's the perfect spot for watching stars.