Chap 5 - Remember Us?

Hey guy! sorry for the long wait

Here's Chapter 5.

Enjoy!

Chapter 5 - Remember us?

I rushed outta the room, pushing through the student filled hallways and bumping into Nick.

" Hi!" i said hugging him. he smiled sweetly " hey i changed my schedule" he said. " Now we have Math together" he said pulling me back into a hug. "oh.............. i was just going there to change mine. you beat me to it" i said pouting playfully.

" well i did it so you would'nt be bullied with me. besides that guy does'nt have problems with hitting girls" he said holding my hand.

" oh really? how'd you know that?"

" i was in the men's room when i heard them come in" he said pulling me near a locker. " his girlfriend was in there too. they were having an argument. she was accusing him of cheating but he was deniying it. he got pissed off then he beat her up right there" he said frowning.

my mouth fell open in shock. A man should never hit a girl. EVER

"did he saw you?"

"no. i was hiding inside a stall" he said. i sighed in relief and hugged him tight.

you know? i just met Nick earlier but something about him makes me feel safe. he's like a brother to me now. i always wanted to have a big brother since my dad left us. i feel like if i have a brother, he'd keep me and mom safe. he'll protect us and not run away like my pathetic excuse of a dad.

i also feel like I've known Nick for a long time now. Why is that?

"you should be careful" i said looking deep in his chocolate brown eyes. "i don't want you getting hurt"

"I'll be careful" he said caressing my cheek with his thumb, smiling so sweet to me.

Awww! he's so sweet. he's the perfect brother anyone could ask for. *smiles*

"come on let's go" he said grabbing my hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nick walked me home and got to meet my mom. they we're really happy even though Nick got a little shy around my mom but he quickly relaxed. they chatted and laughed while i ran upstairs to my room and searched for my big sketchbook that i wanted to show Nick.

when i found it, i ran downstair to find them both with serious faces. i cleared my throat and quickly their expression changed to happy again.

"What's going on?"

"nothing sweetheart" my mom said. Nothing? doesnt seem nothing to me. i let it go and sat between them and gave Nick my sketchbook.

"wow they're beautiful. you're a great artist" he said smiling at my sketchings. "you loved the moon, you have always loved seeing the moon" he said looking at my beautiful sketching of  the moon.

how did he know? i looked at him comfused. "did my mom tell you that?"

he looked at me and stared " N...."

"Yes i did" my mom interupted him.

"i should be going now" Nick said getting up from the sofa. "i have homework to do"

"oh ok" i said towards the door with him following. "Goodnight Nick" i said hugging him. "Good night Jackie. i'll walk you to school tommorow ok" he said and left.

i went to the kitchen where mom's washing the dishes. "so.... what do think of Nick?" i asked.

" your friend's very shy dear but he's fine, i like him. he's fun to talk to" she said smiling.