Chapter 6~ home sweet home

Lauren smiled and she shut her apartment door behind her. She felt giddy and overwhelmed with so many emotions. She slowly slid down the doe hands in her hair in complete awe of what had just happened. She smiled then clutched her chest feeling like her heart was going to burst. Then a sense of sadness crept in, she realised that these emotions were probably one sided and that professor Hiddleston was probably only interested in her for her smarts as a student and nothing more. With that realisation she stood up and snapped out of it muttering to herself "come on Lauren you're not here kind of person to get giddy over one stupid guy". The words she tried to reassure herself with just felt like a lie deep down and she knew it but pushed that doubt aside. It was 1pm and she decided she needed to get ready before going for coffee. Just coffee. She started walking to Lucy's room to see how she was feeling and to give her the notes she had made.

As she made it to Lucy's bedroom she knocked on the door softly before entering. She walked in slowly to see Lucy still in bed, Lucy was sat up in bed with her laptop watching a movie. Lucy noticed Lauren and smiled and all of a sudden seemed excited. She jumped out of bed as if she was completely fine and illness hadn't even touched her body. She hugged Lauren and Lauren embraced her holding her tight. Lauren would never admit it but she loved affection, heck she craved it. Her and Lucy broke their embrace and Lucy said with such joy and excitement " sooooo how was the lecture?" Lauren smiled and laughed responding "it was entertaining to say the least". Lucy begged her for the details so Lauren started talking about the lecture until Lucy interrupted her saying "no silly, I meant how was professor Hiddleston?" She said with a sultry tone, as if she knew something had happened. Lauren debated whether or not she should tell her the truth but reminded herself she has no reason to lie to her so with a sigh, she opened up about him. "Well I walked into the lecture hall and he was very good looking I will admit, but his voice and his knowledge was the sexiest thing about him. He just has such a passion for the subject and he teaches with such love and care if that's even possible. I could listen to him for hours and just discuss the most random topics and I have never gotten on with someone so well and has such a genuine connection." Lucy could see this  sparkle in Lauren's eyes that she hadn't seen in a long time, she spoke about the professor like no one else mattered and Lucy smiled, knowing her best friend was happy. She knew Lauren loved her job and that she was good at it, but to her it didn't seem to be what Lauren yearned for. She knew Lauren was the type of person who wants to learn more and more and acquire all the knowledge in the world and to actually understand it. She always scolded Lauren for not doing psychology because if anything, psychology was Lauren's subject no matter how well she tried to argue it. Lucy's thoughts were interrupted when she heard Lauren mention "he invited for me to go for coffee with him at 2" Lucy screamed saying " OH MY GOD THE HOT PROFESSOR ASKED TO GO FOR COFFEE. YOU. HOT PROFESSOR. COFFEE!!!" Lucy grabbed Lauren and jumped up and down with her, probably angering the people below. Lauren couldn't help but laugh and be so happy, she then stopped jumping with Lucy and tried to be realistic with her "Lucy the reality is that he just wants to discuss more about psychology and how I profiled this Sophie girl in your class and kinda called her out in front of the whole class" Lucy stood there gobbed smacked. "YOU CALLRD OUT SOPHIE DUKE!!" Lauren was kind of confused and approached her next question with a why. Lucy then explained to her how Sophie has been trying to get with the professor all semester and that he showed no interest and that she has even asked the professor to tutor her and she'll 'pay him for his services'. Lauren cringed at the thought of the professor and Sophie with a hint of jealousy. Lucy then continued her rant about Sophie saying how she tried to act like she's smart but has no clue about anything and that she try's to wear designer to impress the professor who just doesn't care. That made Lauren smile knowing he wasn't materialistic. Lucy then realised she had gotten side tracked and asked Lauren what time she's leaving to which Lauren told her he's picking her up as he dropped her off after the class. Lucy was speechless, she secretly hoped that the two would fall in love and have beautiful babies as the two would but this wasn't a fanfic Lucy thought and so, tried to contain her excitement. They'd been taking for 20 minutes and Lauren said she needed to get ready to which lucy left her be.