Chapter 5~ after hours

Lauren know the lecture had ended but wanted to make sure her notes were perfect for Lucy. She knew Lucy was struggling mentally at the moment. Lauren was worried she'd relapse soon and didn't want to make Lucy's life anymore difficult than it already was. Everyone had left at this point except her. She noticed the professor start walking up the steps towards her yet she didn't look up until he was stood right in front of her, his hand on the desk leaning over to see what she was writing, his hair in the same position except for one curl revelling against the gel and hanging down just above his eyebrow. She could smell him and it enticed her but she fought away the intrusive thoughts. She could she his sculpted physique through his drenched shirt. Even Lauren could admit it was incredibly sexy. She finally looked up when she heard him clears his throat to grab her attention. Her sea blue green eyes met his stormy eyes. There was intense eye Contact for at least 10 seconds. Both felt a connection when looking deeply into one another's eyes. She smiled looking at her, her natural beauty and a look of innocence. He liked that, a doe eyed girl under him all innocent. He had a feeling she wasn't innocent at all. Lauren never felt something as intense and amazing as this. Even though Lauren was very much a confident and independent person, she like the fact he had some authority over her as well as this mutual respect. Everything about him was so addictive. She responded saying quite snarky "can I help you ?" He chuckled shaking his head but his body was still in the same position. "Yes actually" he responded in a husky deep growl. God he's so sexy Lauren thought. " and what would that be sir?" She said feistily. He liked this one. " Well Lauren if you hadn't of noticed I'm soaked and ended the lecture early. I'm sure you have got all the notes you need as you were the only one actually writing in this lecture" she responded softly and calmly which Tom wasn't expecting " I did notice and I'm sorry that the girls are like this. It's sexual harassment and it's not fair on you, you're just trying to do your job. However, I want more detail for Lucy." Lauren wanted to explain the situation Lucy was in but knew it wasn't her place to say. He was shocked at her softness and saw that he genuinely cared for her friend which made him like her even more. He thought this is the best way for him to get to know this girl better and decided to shoot his shot " well why don't we get a coffee and maybe we can discuss this lecture further as well as your debate?" Lauren was taken aback. She knew he was a good professor but did he do this with all his students or was it just her? She questioned to herself. She debated in her head whether or not she should accept the offer but thought, what have I got to lose. She agreed and they both smiled and laughed then Lauren sarcastically said " well I hope you're not going out soaked cause in this weather you'll catch a cold" they both laughed and he responded with just as much sarcasm " no actually I will go out like this" they laughed, it was wholesome and warming. " you do sound like my mother though when you say that" Lauren smiled as that's what Lucy always says. She didn't respond but just smiled. They exchanged details and he told lauren that he'd need to go back to his apartment to get changed into something more appropriate and not wet and offered to drop her on his way back as it was on the way and was going to pick her up at 2. It was 12:23 pm at this point, and lauren graciously agreed to the offer. She packed her stuff up and put her coat on as well as her scarf.

As they walked towards the car park they talked about law and psychology. Tom was absolutely fascinated by this girl. She always had such passion for the subjects he loved and he admired that about her. He asked for legal advice here and there and Lauren would answer them to the best of her capabilities, she might act like has all the knowledge but she was still just an apprentice. After 5 minutes they ended up in the parking area. They walked to Tom's car. It was stunning, a Jaguar F-Type coupè. It was a dark blue but it was lighter than navy. The inside was a dark grey leather with white accents. The colours complimented each other very well. He had taste, Lauren thought. She went to go open her door but Tom got there first and opened the door for her and she stepped in. No guy has ever done that for me she thought. He's probably being nice Lauren don't think too deep into it she reminded herself. After closing her door Tom got in his driver side after taking Lauren's bag and his own and putting them in the back. They put their seatbelts on and Tom started the car. The engine roared and rumbled. Although Lauren was never into cars, even she couldn't deny this car was sexy and it felt amazing to be inside. Tom started to drive out of the parking area whilst Lauren gave him directions. They listened to the radio and Lauren's favourite song came on. She gasped in shock and Tom looked at her as to ask if everything is alright, but before he could ask Lauren told him this was her favourite song. The speakers in the car boomed the melody and Lauren just sat there with her eyes closed absorbing every note. Tom watched her whilst driving the car and couldn't help but find her beautiful. He smiled to himself, he had learned at this point that Lauren loves simple things like classical music and coffee which he also loved. Just as the song was ending and another was about to start they had arrived at Lauren's condo. She went to get out but Tom stopped her and opened the car door and offered her his hand to help her get out but Lauren was very independent and didn't feel like it was necessary and got herself out. She grabbed her stuff from the back of the car and thanked Tom for his kind offer and that she'll see him later. As she walked away all Tom could think about is how amazing this girl was and how 2 o'clock couldn't come fast enough. He smiled and waited till she was inside before he drove home.