• EDITED • Carpet Rides

Luz had attempted to have fun with Amity on this fine summer's day, unfortunately for them...it did not go as planned. 

As Amity has opened the portal door, she leaped in. Luz was by her side in less than 10 seconds. The door closed, and they were on their way to have a new day of exploration. 

Unbeknownst to the couple, the portal was also connected to different realms...even things that seemed fictional in the human realm, or the boiling isles. 

As Luz looked around, she felt sand slipping into her shoes. "Uhm, Amity? This doesn't seem like the human realm.." She awaited a response from Amity, a rather furious one but instead, she felt a punch to the gut when she saw Amity's expression of pure fear. Luz looked towards her apologetically, pulling her in by the waist. 

"Then, I guess..we have to find a new adventure, right?" Said Amity, attempting to lighten the mood. Luz nodded in response, a smile returning to her face.

                                                          §______§

It had been about a few hours as they had walked around. In the haste of it all, Luz had only now realized that it seemed to be a resemblance of the movie "Aladdin". 

As they approached a stand, they saw a monkey stealing an apple. Luz couldn't help but laugh earning a weird glance from Amity. "Sorry.." She exclaimed, breathless as her laughter died down. 

Luz explained the concept of this to Amity, only for the witch to suggest finding the magic carpet and so on they went. 

                                                             §______§

As they entered a store, they saw chaos unfold before them. A carpet was flying around the room and a chubby little man who seemed to be the owner, screaming in Arabic. Amity looked over to Luz, and they headed towards the register.

"How much for that carpet?"

"It's not for sell, it's misbehaved." responded the girl

"We don't mind, how much?" Inquired Luz 

"50." As they handed the money over the register, both girls smiled giddily excited to try this out. 

                                                        §_____§

"SCORE!" Exclaimed Luz as they walked out of the store, and mounted on to the carpet. 

Amity laughed as the carpet ascended from the ground, while Luz was talking about the scenary. 

Both girls couldn't have felt happier to have this accidental experience, and the carpet is now their go-to travel device when needed. 

• Inspired by a comment thread •