• EDITED • This rose, I give to you

It was a beautiful sunny morning on the boiling isles, the overcast clouds that seemed to be headed towards them had decided to switch their paths, and the isle was now covered in beautiful sunshine. Everything seemed as double as bright as usual, and the demons seemed to be hidden away for today. All except one demon, yep, you guessed it, King. The little short demon ran around the house like a dog chasing his own tail in the human realm.

    "Oh, what a cutie!" Luz cried aloud as the demon ran around her feet. Luz hadn't seemed to realize the time on the clock ticking away as she had been busy gathering more glyph knowledge from Eda and of course, one of her main resources, the library in the back of the Owl House.

 She glanced over at her watch, cautiously, knowing that she was, once again, extremely late. Luz made a run for it. She grabbed her cloak, without even buttoning it up on her shoulders, almost forgetting her phone on the couch. This can't be happening. Not again! You told her you wouldn't be late, Noceda!

    Luz came to a sudden halt in front of the gaming court of Hexide. It was a Saturday, and although the students of Hexide didn't have school on this very day, they did have a Grudgby game that had been long-awaited. Luz scanned the bleachers for a certain green-haired witch. Aha! Found you! She hurried through the crowds of witches, and other creatures on the bleachers, shoving some on the way and frantically apologizing to them.

  "LUZ! OVER HERE! I'M HERE!!" Amity yelled as she saw Luz coming towards her. She was aware she had most likely strained her voice, but what was she to do? It was very important for the human to hear her and she didn't know how perceptive human's ears were.

 "Luz!! You're finally here! What took you so long?!" Amity cried as Luz sat down next to her, out of breath. Luz looked over the green-haired witch's shoulder, seeming to be looking at nothing in particular. 

  "I'm sorry, Ammy. I just didn't realize the time." Luz switched her gaze over to meet with Amity's honey-gold eyes.

"Well, I surely expect my girlfriend to be on time!" 

"I know, Amity. I'm sorry."

"You always say you're sorry..this is the 3rd time this week, Luz."

Luz rubbed the back of her neck, as she sighed. Sure, she had anticipated Amity being mad, but surely not this frustrated. For the rest of the match, the two young witches sat in utter silence, resigned to their own stubbornness. Neither daring to say a word more for fear of regret. 

The final goal was made, and Boshca's team won yet again in the tournament. 

  "WOOHOO!! GO BOSHCA!! GO GO, HEXIDEEEE!!!" It was whoops and cheers all around the bleachers. Except if you zoomed in just enough, you would've seen two girls staring longingly at each other when the other wasn't looking but neither daring to speak. 

  I messed up.. that's what they both thought as everyone was getting up to leave. Their goodbyes were very strained and dense, more formal than anything before. It hadn't even been this bad when Amity thought Luz was a bully and had caught her and the twins with her diary.

                                                                                      §_______§ 

   Amity plopped down on her bed. creakkk! went the old bed frame she had been too lazy to change since she was 10. The truth was, Amity Blight, was exhausted. 'From what?' you may ask. Well, for one, her parents were being absolutely insufferable. Ever since they had found out she was attracted to girls, they had been harder than ever on her. Not even the straight A's, and extra work she did was enough for them anymore. 

She felt disowned and at odds with them. Although she didn't get along with her siblings most of the time, Ed and Em had proven to be the world's greatest siblings by being at her side once she had told their parents. It really didn't help that she had also mentioned that she had a girlfriend.