• EDITED • Dreams Come True

I ran across the darkened path, only slight light illuminating from the rising sun. The branches of the trees were everywhere, one step after another, I hopped through them all. The landscape seemed to be never ending, just then I spotted a glimpse of purple hair, or fur. I wasn't quite sure what kind of creatures lingered in these woods.

I slowly inched my way, a branch breaking under the weight of my foot, making me jump. I continued to tread carefully, more attention on my steps and my breathing shallow to not disturb the beast.

I crouched down as I overheard a light snore coming from a purple-colored fox, "Hey, there little fella." 

The creature's hair glistened in the darkness and moonlight, making it seem magical. It's eyes were a gold so deep and strong that I felt that I could stare all night, captivated. 

The creature purred back into my hand, whimpering softly in its slumber. I sat down on the hard ground, my eyes closing in tiredness too. I felt a strong light emanate from the open black-space in front of us...

And then I woke up in my room. The early-morning crickets chirping in great strength. I sighed as I got up, rubbing my eyes and slipping on my slippers. Today was my first day of school. A new school. 

If I remember correctly, it was called Hexside. I looked back at myself in the mirror, staring at my disheveled hair and overall groggy appearance. As I went back to my room, I made a mess of my closet to find something to wear and finally settled on a pink top with black skinny jeans. 

                                                                                §______§

As I got out of my mom's car, a great big white colored building stared back at me. The prospect of going in sent jitters through me. 

My first few classes were pretty ordinary, mundane things at most with simple tasks and then..,

I spotted her.

She looked like the wolf in my dream.

Her eyes were a bright golden color, but still subtle enough to miss. Her pale skin radiated, her black clothes were fitted just right and her hair was down to her shoulders, a unique lavender color.

I silently took a step back as she advanced towards me, her eyes moving in panic, "Hey uhm..I know this might seem weird but..you look like the girl from my dream."

I slightly gaped a I nodded, wanting to find the words to exclaim a 'me too!' She fidgeted back and forth as she stood, her eyes darting everywhere but to me.

"Honestly..? I had a weird dream too..." She looked up then, meeting my own eyes just enough for me to truly take in her absolute beauty. A dreamlike aura surrounded her, her attractiveness was having an effect on me.

She nodded along to my response, "I need to know what it means.." her voice whispered in and out as she seemed to speak both to me and herself.

She walked out my view, assuming she was heading back to her class, I walked back into the cafeteria but instead I was met with the same lavender-haired girl again. 

She silently stared back at me, once again but this time she motioned with her hands to follow. I felt hesitant but something inside of my head told me she seemed to be in trouble.

I was always the imaginative kind but I also had enough sense to split reality from dreams. Until today.

What I witnessed when I walked in was this absolute breath-taking teenager, her face illuminated by a purple-like potion, it shimmered as she stirred it. 

Her amulet glowed in the darkness as she made a point to stare at the floor, "I'm going to sound crazy but..I'm a shapeshifter and I have to get back to my homeland. I don't know how I ended up here with you humans.."

She slowly rubbed her hands on her clothing, taking away the sweat of her nerves. I silently mulled this over in my head. It did sound insane but what the heck? Life is so weird, and this was more interesting than anything in my regular day to day life.

So instead...I walked over to the skinny girl and gave her a hug, "I'll help you."

• To be continued. •