chapter 2

Pov JaceWhile I'm gossiping with my friends, Josh and Bryce, about the new girl coming here, I see a scooter out of the corner of my eye.

"aye, Jace, where are you with that head of yours staring?" Josh asks, I'm still looking at the scooter and to my surprise I see a girl sitting on it

. "Dude, look at that, isn't that the new chick!?" Bryce exults enthusiastically. just as he says that, the girl is speeding up the sidewalk, braking just in time, right in front of me."Aye, look out, jerk! I almost ran you down!" she yells, startled. somewhat grumpy she gets off her scooter and takes her bag from the luggage compartment. before she walks past me, I grab her arm. "Listen up," I say as I survey her from head to toe. "Shorty, I'm not easy to mess with, so calm down, deal?" I warn her softly.

Suddenly my eye falls on a school pass from the school. Macy Williams, it says. so so, I think to myself. so this is the new chick from Muse Academy. spicy type, I think. "I'm not short, you're just tall!" the girl yells at me.

Pov MacyWith a grumpy face I stare at the still unknown boy. me, little!? I think to myself, oh no no, I'm not small! and he will know that too. "I'm not short at all, you're just a little taller than me!" I yell indignantly at the boy.

I push his hand away and walk in. "You're not rid of me yet, Shorty~!" I hear the boy yelling teasingly. suddenly his name comes to mind. I knew him, this is Jace Cawlen, my former best friend. I call back laughing. "We'll see, Jace!" I turn to see his surprised face.

So, I think triumphantly to myself, she's in shock.