Chapter 2 : The girl He Loved

March 18th, X524 (3:18 PM)

"Luce, let's talk," Natsu said weakly as he stared at her brown eyes. They went to a far distance where other people couldn't hear them. (Excluded two dragon slayers)

      The pink-haired guy glanced at the blond girl who was walking silently beside him. This Lucy was different from his previous Lucy. The previous Lucy had short brown hair, but the current was so royal, her golden hair was pinned by a golden hairpin, now wearing a very expensive dress. Her expression was very elegant that no one could tell if she were a disguise. How could Lucy learn all of these within a few days? His cute and carefree Luce was gone. Her bright smile he liked before was now replaced by a mean aura.

"Luce, come with me. Forget about this marriage. We'll go somewhere where no one knew us. Just you and me."

      Lucy smiled, "Natsu, you're not here to take me away. We all knew that," he knew exactly that it was a forced smile.

"Luce, I can't live without you. If you want to run away, I'll take you away. Gajeel and Rogue will help us. You're not alone. You have your friends. You have me."

      However, instead of happiness, he saw sadness in her eyes. Her smile didn't disappear, as she replied simply, "They'll get punished, Natsu. I'm fine. Thank you for everything, Nstsu. I'll never forget you."

     Her way of saying goodbye was short but full of meanings that only Natsu could understand; secretly telling him to live without her existence, to live happily in the future, to become the strongest mage in the world. She would never forget him, of course, their memories could never be erased.

     Lucy turned around and walked slowly. However, she was stopped by a flying cat, who hugged her waist tightly, "Lushi, I'm sorry," Happy begged her, "I'm sorry. I promise I'll never bully you again. I won't force you to do unnecessary training. I won't steal your food. Please, please, come back with us."

     The blond hugged the crying cat and wiped the tears kindly, "Don't cry, Happy. You need to be strong since you will protect Natsu, right?"

"LUSHI. LUSHI."

     Lucy put the cat on the ground as she walked away. She didn't look at her young master again. Just a moment ago, when she talked to him, she realized that he tried to hide his sad feelings. That was why she smiled in front of him. She wanted him to be happy even though she was not beside him.

     Natsu knelt on the ground, tears starting falling on his face, as he watched Lucy step into the carriage. He cried hard, even after the carriage and the guards were out of his sight. Happy hugged his arm, and Gajeel and Lily stood silently a distance away. To Gajeel and two exceeds, these two girls were close friends. But to Natsu, Lucy was more than a friend.

     Losing someone he loved was really painful, however, unable to stop her from walking away out of his life was way more heartbreaking. He could do nothing but only watch her leave him.

     Life was cruel, His only wish was to stay beside her and protect her, since the first day they met.

•••••

Flashback
Twelve years ago (X512)

     6-year-old Young Master Natsu Dragneel was in a 'Delicious' noodles shop waiting for his favorite chicken noodle. Thanked to his sharp hearing, he heard a weak cry from a far distance, he knew a girl was crying. He also heard two evil laughters. The girl cried so hard, pleading, "Please don't break my keys." That weak voice from a stranger girl seemed like she was begging him to help her. Natsu fisted his hand tightly, anger running through his veins. He wanted to beat those people who were bullying her.