Chapter 9 : War Heroine

"You don't know about your father's plan. I know it, Mira. Come with me." Laxus told her during the last time they met. It was after the day of dethronement. He said these sentences with calmness, asking her to come with him because he didn't want to become enemies, and she knew that.

"You're going to kill my father after everything is back to normal," Mirajane started stating simply, "Strauss Clan will be eliminated, right? including me." She said painfully. Her father, General Strauss, helped Prince Ivan to remove King Makarov from his King position. Her lover, Crown Prince Laxus was removed from his position because he declared against his father. He hated her father, too.

"Can't you see what's right and what 's wrong?" He asked in annoyance, as he ran his right hand through his hair. "You're innocent, but he isn't."

"I can't betray my father." She looked him right in the eyes, and she could see the tinit of hurt in his eyes.. and most of all, anger. She wanted to cry, but she kept this situation She had to choose between her family and her lover... and she chose her family without hesitation. He smirked painfully, "Then we have nothing to talk about," then he walked away from her.

      The twinkling stars in the sky looked like they were mocking her. 'Can the stars feel my pain?' She asked the stars silently. For the first time, she wished to become a simple girl so that she could love him unconditionally. But she knew that it was just a stupid wishful thinking.

•••••

     After their breakup, she never saw him again. What did her luxurious powerful life mean when she couldn't be with her lover? She was destined to become Crown Princess since she was young. She liked him since her childhood and she had been dating hi. for six months. Being the heiress of the Strauss Clan and one of the strongest female warriors of her generation, everyone looked upon her.

     However, since that day, she became the enemy of her lover and the subject of local gossip. 'I thought she is an upright person, but I was wrong. She was a power-seeking idiot.' 'She is brainwashed by her father', 'Served her right' and other hateful gossip were directed towards her. To defend herself from rude remarks, she didn't hesitate to hit or scare the people who provoked her.

The majority of Magnolia people hated her family because of two reasons; her father started the Kingdom wars again which were temporarily stopped for three years, and her father was the main helper of King Ivan. She knew that her father and King Ivan allied with the dark guilds. Even so, she couldn't stab her father in the back. He was her father, and she had to protect her younger brother and sister. Thus, she chose to turn her back on someone she truly loved. Her father didn't know about her suffering because he was at the border for the war.

After two years of living as a demon lady or a laughing stock of the commoners in Magnoluia, she was tired of her life. She begged the King to send her to the border to help her father. After numerous pleadings, King Ivan agreed by appointing her as Military Strategist and sending her to the border. Her brother Elfman Strauss turned 17, so she let him take care of Strauss Clan with the help of the clan's advisor Rustyrose. Staying in Twilight town and engaging in battles and strategies was more comfortable than living in Magnolia. Her father went back to Magnolia frequently.

After three years, Lord Fullbuster went to Sabertooth and discussed political marriage to stop her father. His majesty and her father allowed Lord Fullbuster because they were very sure that the man won't succeed. However, the stupid king Eucliffe fell for his persuasion and agreed to the marriage between the Fairy Tail prince and his daughter. After Lord Fullbuster came back, he announced to the whole Kingdom about political marrige under Crown Prince Jellal's order. To her surprise, the prince who would marry the Sabertooth Princess wasn't Jellal but Laxus Dreyar.