Chapter 49 : An escalating offense

June 10th, X524 ( 9:35 AM)
City Guards building, Magnolia

"Wait," a cautious voice belonged to a young city guard, he stretched his right hand in front of an elegant blond girl who was about to enter into the City Guards Building, "Miss, please tell me your identity."

"Seriously, you don't know who I am?" the girl said in annoyance. Based on the appearance of the silk dress she wore, even strangers could tell at one glance that she was a lady from an aristocratic family. People who knew her would greet her in respect.

       Her voice was loud enough to attract two other guards nearby. They rushed to her side quickly, and all of them bowed to her, "Princess Consort."

"Back off," the blonde demanded, as she took a step. Again, she was interrupted by the guards.

"Please wait a moment, Your Highness. We've to inform your arrival to our superiors."

"Just let me in," the girl raised her voice.

      The guards apologized again, as one of them departed into the building to inform the scarlet-haired leader.

"How annoying," the blonde whispered, as a bright yellowish light shone beside her. A bi-colored black and gray small cannon-liked creature appeared from the light, before a single ray of the blast was shot from the weapon, directed at the guard who was walking away.

       As the blast hit his right arm, the guard screamed loudly. The nearby guards became panicked, "Princess consort, why are you attacking us?" They could feel her aggressive aura and her sly smirk.

     There was no reply from the girl. The trio saw the magic weapon disappear out of the blue, and the so-called princess consort retreated her steps, til she was out of their sight.

"I'll report it to Erza-san," one of the two unharmed guards said, "Take him to the infirmary." The third guard nodded, as he supported his friend to stand up, and they started walking slowly in the direction of the city guard's infirmary.

• • • • •

"No way," The blond-haired prince in his usual attire frowned at his younger brother and the red-haired maiden. "The reason you guys contacted me to come here is... to tell me this nonsense story?" After hearing what the red-haired knight said, he was frustrated.

     They were currently in the office room in the city guards' building. Erza, who was the first one to be informed about the accident, asked Jellal for advice via the magic lacrima. They sent a small note to Laxus, which was delivered by Carla, telling him to come to Erza's office for an emergency case.

"I don't think the guards are telling an untruth. There is no reason for them to accuse Luelia," the crown prince sighed.

"We don't believe that Lucelia-sama will harm our guards. However, it did happen."

"Titania, I thought you are Lucelia's friend."

"Yes, I'm. I'll never doubt Lucelia-sama," she answered quickly, "I'm just stating what I've heard from the guards. The guards said that they could feel a hostile aura from the princess. We can't exclude the possibility of strong transformation magic. Anyone who has enough magic power can temporarily impersonate Lucelia-sama. The problem is... I haven't heard of someone capable of using both celestial spirit magic and transformation magic."

"We're missing one point," the blue-haired prince said as he looked at his brother, "Brother, is my sister-in-law at home the whole morning?"

        To that question, Laxus didn't reply. He sat up, "I'll tell Freed and Ever to help you solve this case. Report me everything necessary." He opened the door before exiting the room.