Chapter 33 : Midnight's Angel

Previous chapter

DeathValley Cave

"What... do... you... mean?" Angel asked in a weak voice.

×××××

Seventeen years ago

"Where's the keys?" a black-haired man with puffy hair kept in a headband demanded as he entered the celestial village shrine. He was wearing a black robe and black hooded cape, even in the dark, his evil eyes reflected his cunning demeanor.

      Standing at the opposite of him was a blonde woman, Layla Heartfilia, leader of the Celestial Clan. Her condition was weak, but her determination gave her the courage to continue fighting. Beside Layla, was a white-haired woman wearing a torn dress, she was Hannah Aguria. The two celestial mages were facing their enemies without their keys.

"Are you here to die? Sadly, it's still too early for you to die. I still need your magic," Zoldeo laughed. Suddenly, Brain appeared in front of the blond-haired lady and stabbed her before stabbing another woman. The Oracion Seis leader laughed evilly, facing the man in a black cape, "There's no way I could let Grimoire Heart gain Incredible power. Hahahaha."

• • • • •

"Everything was according to my plan. At first, I tend to take the Heartfilia baby but she was well-hidden. So I arranged to get you as my disciple. As for the sky dragon slayer whom I needed, as long as there's a girl in the Dreyar family, she will inherit her grandmother's magic. Every effort I made was for this moment, to revive Zeref Black."

      Tears fell on Angel's face, not because of the pain, but because of what she had heard. In this world, she believed her master who saved the wandering helpless being like her, taught her how to get stronger, and gave her a home. Oracion Seis was her home, and Midnight, Cobra, Flame, and M were her friends.

     The saddest thing was... her master deceived her and she had been blaming the wrong person... for seventeen years.

      Angel didn't know how much blood she lost within one minute, the time seemed very slow, too bad that she didn't know any healing spells. When she coughed, she vomited blood. Her body was weak, trembling as unconsciousness wanted to dominate her. She closed her eyes unable to resist the dim light of the cave that hurt her eyes.

      Two-thirds of the magic circle rune was filled with blood, however, it stopped suddenly.

"WHAT!" Brain saw that the rune was dispelled within a second, and the sky dragon slayer was freed from the spell. The unconscious girl was carried by Midnight who then teleported to a space in front of the pinkette, and handed the bluenette to the latter. Meredy checked Wendy and told the group that the young princess would wake up soon.

• • • • •

DeepTree Forest (middle)

     The distracted and angry dark mage waved his hand, creating several sand waves that attacked the swordsmaiden. With her left hand, Erza quickly summoned her Sea Empress Sword. Its sheepsfoot blade had scales with the pommel having the appearance of a fishtail and dull back edge. Erza swayed her blade,  water rippled along the blade, with drops of water coming off of the blade, the sand attack was cut by the sword.

     Immediately, Ajeel launched a vortex of sand, which was got rid of by Erza's Wind God Sword. Erza held her swords in front of her in crossed pattern, "Sand has so many weaknesses."

• • • • •

DeepTree Forest

"After three minutes of running to their destination, the ice mage and water maiden were stopped by a wave of strong air. "Yo folks, nice to meet you," They heard a voice, and at the same time, they saw a wooden stick blocking their way at a close distance away.