I walked downstairs with Paul following close behind me.

"Good morning Em. Good morning guys."

"Good Morning Lottie."
I sat down in between Leah and Sam like always. I squeaked when I was picked up out of my seat by Paul and then pulled onto his lap.
"I hope you're happy Paul." I grumbled as I bit into a sausage. My frown was replaced with a beaming smile as I remembered that I got to see Leah's wolf last night. "Hey Leah. I forgot to tell you, your wolf is so pretty."
She had a small blush as she smiled and said "Thank you."

"Who was the wolf that was a dark brown and had the reddish brown flecks."
They were all quiet for a minute. Faces full of confusion before realization hit. Sam turned to me and ask "When did you see Jared's wolf?"

"He ran out of the forest with you and Leah last night when Mick showed up. You, Leah and Quill went for him but I think when Jared realized y'all had it covered he went back on patrol."

"How could you tell who was who?"

"Well, that's easy, I've seen Sam and Quill's wolf forms before. I hadn't seen Jared's hence why I asked..." I trailed off as a question came to mind. ".. How did you know that I was in danger?" I ask Sam as confusion filled my face.

"You're a part of this pack and we protect our own." Emily's stern voice came from behind me. "Now shut up and eat up."

"Yes mam." I said as I filled my plate and began to dig in. With a mouth full of food my phone rang out 'Whistle' by Flo Rider. My eyes turned into saucers as I scrambled to free my phone from my pocket.
"Hello?" I said around my food.
"Hey Dare it's Soli. I was hoping you could fill in an open spot in the line up."
I thought about it and rolled my eyes. "What's the rate?"
"450 up front plus whatever tips you make."

"Have Reefer text me the details and Soli this is the last game I'll be playing."

"I understand. Reefer will be in contact shortly. Be careful out there."

"Always am." I hung up and sat back down. I picked at my food until my phone pinged with the information of to nights event.
'Players'
Place: The High Roller Lounge
Female Players: Celia, Glow, Kat, Dare, Kay.
Male Players: Dominic, Monroe, Everett, River, Lincoln.
Start Time: 4pm
I snapped my phone shut after finishing a bite of food. "Sam can you take me home now?"

"I'll take you."

"I didn't ask you Paul." My words came out hard and cruel. Which only increased my sadness. "I'll be in the truck." I walked out and hopped into the truck. Sam followed me out not even five minutes later, fully dressed with combed hair.

The drive had been mostly silent when I turned to Sam. "I need to tell you something. Just please don't be mad."

"Okay."

"I've got a game tonight."

"You're what?"

"There's a spot open in the roster and I'm filling it. I'm telling you this because it's a televised game and I need you to keep my dad busy while I'm playing. You how he feels about playing cards as a profession."

"Please promise me you'll be careful."

"I'll be careful." I promised as he pulled into the driveway. "I will be back out. Don't leave just yet." I walked into the house to find my dad and Bella yelling at each. I let a shrill whistle. "ENOUGH!" They grew deathly silent. I took a deep breath and stared at them. "Yelling over each other will do nothing but make each other more angry. Bella you're already late for school so get yourself dressed and get your ass to school. Dad you look like shit. Drink some coffee and shave your face. That five o'clock shadow has you looking a little wolf ish. If you'll excuse me, I've got to get a change of clothes." I pushed passed Bella hitting her shoulder harshly as I did so. I filled a duffel with two weeks worth of my clothes and a couple pairs of shoes. I heard the front door slam and dad sigh from my door frame.