21

Just a quick warning this one is a little dark. Torture and death are depicted in this chapter. Carry on ! <3

     Kastiel and Noah held stoic faces as we made our way to the brick building holding the captives. Marcus and Dhalia stayed behind with the rest of the pack to keep everyone entertained and not focused on the missing parties. 

     "So what's the plan exactly?" I asked at the same time that Noah looked over to Kastiel as well. He pondered for a second as we made our way up to the heavy door. 

    "Are you comfortable taking point?" I thought he was speaking to Noah, so when I looked up to see his bright eyes looking at me my brows scrunched together in confusion. 

     "Me?" I questioned, his hand paused on the door handle. Was this a test? Did he plan to see how I held up in this situation? I couldn't blame him if that's what this was. The last time I watched him question someone down here, I freaked out after he killed that hunter and had a meltdown.  

     Although I understood his hesitation, I knew the situation was different now. In the last attack against the pack, it really set in how much I was willing to do to protect our people. I fought and killed for them and I would do it again as much as it took to keep them safe. Adding on top of that the fact that they showed me unprompted acceptance and unconditional love, there's nothing I wouldn't do for them. If putting more blood on my hands meant keeping the pack safe and finding information on why Penny took my father, then I would show Kastiel what I could handle.

     Kastiel pulled the door open and waited for my answer. I squared my shoulders and gave him a quick nod, pressing my lips together in a firm line. I brushed past him and into the dimly lit staircase descending downwards into the cold clutches of the cells. 

     The first thing I noticed was the stale smell of blood was still present, but faded. Second was my fathers scent, stronger with the lack of wolfsbane masking his true smell. His wolf genes had healed his injuries after the wolfsbane was out of his system. His cell door was propped open, it's hinges broken and hanging lopsided. Penny must have not been able to gain access to the keys and had to force the doors open. I peered inside the cell but there was nothing in there aside from the cot he slept on and an empty food tray on the floor. 

     Noah stayed silent in the back, his arms crossed over each other as he observed. Kastiel watched my every move, staying a few paces behind me at all times. When I looked toward the cell door that held the other three captives, he raised his eyebrows in silent question. I nodded, letting him know I was fine and ready to do this. He tilted his head and gave Noah a small nod and he opened the lock on the door for me. 

     The first time I witnessed that hunter strapped to that chair down here, I was scared out of my mind. I wanted to be as far from these dungeons as possible and wanted nothing to do with anything going on down here. As I saw three people come into view, feelings of the total opposite were bubbling beneath my skin. These people came here to hurt my found family. They intended to hunt us down and kill the things they couldn't control. They beat my father mercilessly for not giving me up, and forced him to have to keep his true self hidden and tucked away. When they found out what he really was, they almost killed him for it. There's no telling what Penny has planned but I intended to squeeze it out of these little shits by any means necessary. 

      I let a calm exterior spread over my features, even though a boiling hatred settled beneath the surface. Noah took a spot in the door, leaning against the frame, his arms still locked across his chest. Kastiel moved around the chairs, letting a deep grumble emanate from his chest, a low warning to the hunters to not try anything stupid. He settled in the corner out of the shine of the dim light hanging from the ceiling. His face was in the shadows, but his eyes shone brightly as they surveyed me and waited for me to begin. He was giving me complete control and free reign to handle them as I saw fit. I intended to impress him.