11

*** Y'all thank you so much for helping me reach 400 reads!! I appreciate it so much and always look forward to writing for you guys and reading your helpful comments! Thanks for all the support! Here's some cutesy stuff between Vienna and Kas. Enjoy! ***

     The make-shift party was whirring around me. Marcus was still flipping patties on the grill for the hungry wolves floating around.  Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves as they chatted and conversed with each other. Even Penny was laughing with another girl as they joked between themselves at a table on the patio. I envied their nonchalant happiness, as my mind was running a thousand miles an hour.

     There was no question that Kastiel lit my body up like fireworks on New Years, but he had my mind equally as captivated. He challenged me, always pushing me to be better. He knew my strength when others doubted me and helped me to show them what I was worth. There were times when it seemed like he cared so much about me and how I felt, making me falsely believe there was a sliver of a chance that he felt the same way I did. 

     On the opposite end of the scale, he could make me feel so cold. He was just a bait snatching fish and I was steadily baiting the hook again, hoping for a bite. The second I thought it was a good time to test the waters, he always shut me down. He made me feel like an idiot for thinking a guy like him could be interested in me. I finally start trying to venture off to other options, and he threatens the other guys to make them stay away from me like an overprotective parent. It pissed me off to an extent but it also exhilarated me. I didn't want other guys. I wanted him.

     But he said he didn't want me.

     Then he kissed me. 

     I've had my fair share of kisses in school, but I've never been kissed with as much intensity as Kas did. It was like I'd been waiting my whole life for a kiss like that. It made my body shiver and flush with heat at the same time. His ever so soft lips felt so damn good as they moved against mine, I could've kissed them for hours on end. It ended so fast and when he hit the wall it snapped me out of my blissful stupor. Of course he didn't want to kiss me. He's thoroughly expressed how he doesn't want me and it's time I started listening. 

     I was snapped out of my thoughts when Caroline came over to stand in front of me with a fake pout across her face. "Noah ditched me to go drinking with the guys." she sighed. The first image that flashed through my mind was Kastiel, drunk at a bar with some bimbo all over him. Feeling my last shred of mental strength fleeting away, tears started welling up in my eyes once again. Caroline's hands reached out to grab mine and she pulled me into her. She hurriedly shuffled me away and whisked me off to her room on the second floor. 

     Once she shut the door and sat down next to me, I felt the tears spilling over on my cheeks. "Tell me everything." she said, her eyes filled with concern as she listened to my heartache. I poured it all out, unable to stop myself as I told her every little detail. Her eyes welled up when mine did, and they got angry when I told her how Kastiel kept brushing me off. When I finally got to the kissing part and how he stormed off, she was hugging me tightly. I thanked her so many times I lost count. Caroline was the perfect friend, and I appreciated her being here for me when I needed her. I knew I could trust her, even though she was Kastiel's sister. 

     When I finally stopped crying, she gave me a small smile and handed me some tissue to clean myself up. "I'm sorry my brother is a gigantic moron. Boys are really stupid sometimes." I offered a small chuckle as I wiped away my tears. "Wanna get some ice cream and watch some funny movies? It's a magic cure-all, guaranteed."