2. identify their interests

"You seem happier than usual today, Camilo

"You seem happier than usual today, Camilo." Pepa uttered at the dining table, "Did you have a good day with Andres?"

Camilo shrugged as he shoved another spoonful of food into his mouth.

"I met the L/N's daughter." He said with a full mouth, a few crumbs slipping past his lips. Mirabel, who was taking a sip from her cup of water, suddenly choked.

"You met Y/N?!" She exclaimed, "But, she has social anxiety!"

"Hah! So she does!" Camilo jumped up, punching the air, "I was right! Wait," He abruptly paused, "You know Y/N?"

"I mean, yeah. I was delivering some stuff to Andres since you weren't home, and I met her."

"So she does have friends after all," Camilo muttered. A quiet knock on the door suddenly interrupted the family discussion. Dolores hurried over, unlocking the entrance and pulling it open.

"Camilo," She called out, "Your little girlfriend is here." She hurried away, brushing past her younger brother.

"Eh? Y/N? Wow, you finally got out of the house. What brings you here?"

Silently, Y/N shoved a box of freshly picked berries into Camilo's chest. She was shaking like a leaf, and her bottom lip trembled. She was, obviously, scared.

"I'm going out for a minute, be right back!" He yelled before closing the door behind him and grabbing Y/N by the shoulders with his free hand.

He led her under a tree and motioned for her to sit.

"Is it okay if I touch you?" He murmured, "You're about to have a panic attack. I know a few grounding methods to calm you down." Y/N shakily nodded, and Camilo lightly trailed a finger over the skin of her knee.

"Can you feel that? Concentrate on the sensation instead of your panic attack. All grounding methods allow a person to take a step back from negative thoughts and flashbacks." Camilo scooted forward, engulfing Y/N in a tight hug. "Affection also helps sometimes."

"What do you think they're saying?" Mirabel inquired, peeking out the window.

"They're too far away to hear." Isabela added, "And, I can't see neither of their faces."

The Madrigal family turned to face Dolores, who was peacefully finishing her meal. She blinked once, then twice.

"Y/N is having personal problems, and Camilo is helping her cope. He said affection sometimes helps, so that's why he hugged her." She quickly muttered before focusing back on her food.