6. dress to impress

Camilo desperately rummaged through his wardrobe, throwing clothing items over his shoulders

"Arg!" He yelled in frustration and stomped his feet.

"Camilo! Quiet down!" Pepa exclaimed.

"Sorry, mama!" The teenage boy exclaimed.

"What's all the ruckus in here anyway?" Camilo's mother opened the door, looking around. "What on earth are you doing?"

"Tch, mama, get out!" Camilo tried to shove his mother out of his room, but she pushed him aside.

"Why is it such a mess in here? Camilo, why haven't you cleaned your room- Wait!" Pepa clicked her fingers, "This is about that girl, Y/N! Ah, how could I forget?! You're going on a date with her tonight!"

"Mama! It's not a date!" Camilo exclaimed.

"You said so yourself it was." Dolores piped up before hurrying away with a small squeak.

"Aw, my little boy is all flustered." Happy tears streamed down Pepa's face, and Camilo jumped back, not wanting to get caught up in the rain.

"Camilo! Y/N's here!" Mirabel yelled from downstairs, "And she brought strawberries!"

"Be right down!" Camilo shouted.

"What about your room?! You need to clean it!" Pepa yelled, her mood suddenly changing.

"Mama, I don't have time for this! I'll clean my room later!" Camilo rushed down the stairs, almost tripping over his own feet. "Mi amor, you look wonderful! Yellow suits you so well!" The brown-haired boy kneeled, grabbing Y/N's left hand. She stared down at him, confused.

"Camilo, you're going to scare her off." Dolores grabbed Camilo's shirt, pulling him up.

"I'm just appreciating my darling's beauty." Camilo grinned, making grabby hands for Y/N. She blinked, tilting her head to the side. "Mi amor, your attire looks splendid! Did you dress up just for me?" He spun Y/N around, admiring the way her dress fanned out.

Y/N yelped, her black heels clicking against the tiled floor.

"We're even matching, mi amor!" Camilo grinned, finding delight in their similar unplanned clothing.

The dress suited Y/N well, outlining her body and adding to her loveliness. Her high heels made her appear taller than Camilo, but he didn't mind. The ruffles and bows looked beautiful on her, perfectly matching the diamond choker around her neck.