💙 Stop the World from Spinning ✨

(A/n): First fanfic! Let's see how it goes
592 Words

Pronouns: They/Them

The walk to the lab seems to take forever for the exhausted researcher, only increasing their frustrations. As they approach the lab they see the soft light glowing under the door signifying the presence of their workaholic friend. Sighing at the sight they softly ease the large door open granting access to the room.

"Viktor?" (Y/n) calls out to him. Being greeted with no response they continue making their way to him calling his name repeatedly. Once meeting the man at his desk they rest their hand comfortingly on his shoulder accidentally startling him out of his stupor. He looks up at the interruption with frustration but eases in recognition.

"(Y/n)? What are you doing here so late? You should be resting" Viktor questions hypocritically. (Y/n) scoffs in response and rests their weight on the desk in front of him.

Eyes slightly narrowed in concern they reply "I should be asking you that. When was the last time you left the lab?" Viktor looks down at the leather-bound journal in his lap with a newfound interest and turns the page. (Y/n) leans forward softly closing the book which once again draws his eyes to theirs with a sigh.

"Eh..most likely three days give or take" he mumbles, shrinking into his seat, resting his head in his hand.

"Viktor we talked about this, you need to look after your health more."

Catching their eye he states the same phrase he uses every time this interaction happens. "It will only be a little longer I promise."

"The work will still be here when you get back" (Y/n) pleads softly resting their hand on his shoulder, rubbing circles with their thumb. "You're wearing yourself out, at least take a break and give yourself time to rest."

With false reluctance, he dramatically places his journal on his desk with a hint of a smile on his face. No one can drag him from his work for a moment, except for them. Jayce has teased him on multiple occasions with the idea that Viktor "would try to stop the world from spinning for them." Always being met with denial on the outside but internally he knows

It's nothing but the truth.

Leaning back in his desk chair with a sigh he rubs the back of his sore neck and shoulders from being hunched over his newest blueprint. Glancing up at (Y/n) his focus gets pulled to them fidgeting their hands nervously.

Eyebrows furrowing, he opens his mouth to ask what's wrong when he gets interrupted by (Y/n), who in a spur of the moment decision offers to give him a massage.

Viktor's eyes widen, sputtering in shock as he attempts a response. However, (Y/n) reads his shock as discomfort and immediately starts waving their hands in front of them, attempting to take the words back that are hanging in the air.

Finally catching his breath and finding his words he shakes his head and smiles "I can't make you do that for me."

"I'd like to" (Y/n) reiterates, already standing to move behind him resting their hands on his shoulders.

Allowing himself to slowly ease back into their touch, he closes his eyes in content as their hands knead the pain out of his muscles. (Y/n) smiles as the stresses of the day seem to melt off of him in the few moments they have their hands on him.

If only Viktor knew, they would stop the world from spinning for him if he gave them the chance.