💙 Making up for Lost Time ✨

Words: 1108
Pronouns: They/Them

Unstable but confident steps disturb the puddles of water on the stone road. Sunlight reflects off the slight downpour producing small prisms of light on the area around him. Slowly becoming more balanced as he makes his way up the street on his way to meet (Y/n). Seeing them standing in the rain causes nerves to arise in Viktor.

(Y/n) eventually spots him, smiling, and starts walking to him. Surprise grows on their face when they notice him walking without the support of a cane. Viktor speeds up to meet them faster. Once they're in his reach he wraps his arms around their waist lifting and spinning them around, as the rain and wind dishevel their hair.

Once (Y/n)'s feet meet the ground they laugh in disbelief resting their hands on his face pulling him into a kiss with a smile. The two break away and a few moments pass of them looking into each other's eyes.

"The prosthetic" he whispered, eyes starting to sting, "it worked. It finally worked." After all these years of being hindered by his leg, he can finally do all the things he dreamt of. Viktor, although not knowing where to start, knows one thing— he wants to experience it with them.

With the brightest smile and watery eyes, (Y/n) says, "I can't believe this! What do you want to do first?" After a few moments of thought, Viktor extends a hand with a dashing smile.

"How about a dance?"

Accepting his hand with a warm face (Y/n) teases, "ever the romantic aren't you, love?"

Viktor chuckles, pulling them close, resting his forehead against theirs "only when it comes to you."

As they begin to sway the soft sounds of rain on the stone beneath them seem to fall on deaf ears as the pair become entranced with each other. The two have danced together before yet only in short periods with (Y/n) leading the dance.

Viktor spins them out once splashing rain across their shoes without a care in the world. The dance isn't smooth or polished yet, it's filled with more intimacy than anything rehearsed could possess. Bodies sharing heat in the cold drizzle of the evening.

Eyes up to the sky spark an idea in Victor's mind. He places a kiss on (Y/n)'s forehead grabbing their hand to lead them to their next destination as the drizzle fades out and comes to a stop.

Sand and clear waters sparkle in the distance as the pair make their way to the small beach close to the city. Clear waters and skies stretch over the horizon creating the perfect contrasts of blues. Salty air blows over them as they lose their shoes to walk barefoot in the sand.

Viktor's hand tightens around (Y/n)'s when his feet ease into the sand. With a small smile they stroke the back of his hand with a thumb, offering support. Using them for support the two start walking along the beach relishing in the presence of the other.

"When I was a little boy I built this little toy boat with a turbine so it sailed on its own." Viktor's eyes seem to sparkle when he begins to talk about his invention. "I was testing it out for the first time in a creek nearby, but it was too fast for me to keep up with."

"You were too talented for your own good," (Y/n) says, with a laugh.

Viktor nudges them with his shoulder with a smile on his face. "That talent got me here with you, didn't it?" (Y/n) bashfully looks away, cheeks heating up, and rests their head on his shoulder.

With a sense of victory, Viktor continues telling his story "well I went to chase after it— however— the river bank was all sand so I didn't have the best of balance on it. I ended up losing my footing and falling." He looks down at the sand for a moment. "I'd never thought I'd get to the point where I could walk steadily on the sand."

With misty eyes (Y/n) replies, "with all you've done for the world, you were bound to get something in return." After a moment of silence, (Y/n) perks up again and asks "did you get your boat back?"

Shaking his head in slight disbelief he says, "of course I did, couldn't leave my prized possession."

(Y/n) laughs and grabs his hand and starts to pull him towards the water. Viktor's eyebrows slightly scrunch together as he opens his mouth to interject, "we're not wearing swimming attire, Sluníčko."

(Y/n) turns around with a sly smile "I know." They run into the water fully clothed laughing and beckoning Viktor to them with a wave. After a slight moment of contemplation, Viktor jogs the distance into the water to his beloved.

Once Viktor is in his arm's reach (Y/n) splashes the man with the water laughing at his scrunched-up face. Diving forward and grabbing their waist, Viktor dunks them under the water slightly, laughing. Once (Y/n) rises again they shove him into the water and attempt to run back to the shore cackling.

Viktor, sputtering from the water, gets back up and chases after them onto the sand. "You're going to regret that" Viktor mock-threatens.

"If you can catch me" (Y/n) jests with a smirk on their face running farther down the beach.

Sand is displaced by the two as they run along the beach with sunlight slowly dimming as the sun begins to retreat into the horizon. Viktor catches up to them and grabs their waist pulling them into his chest. Squealing as they get lifted into the air and spun (Y/n) spots the sun setting next to them.

"We should watch the sunset" (Y/n) exclaims with a gasp turning around in Viktor's arms.

Viktor places (Y/n) back onto the ground, and with sand and salt covering them, the pair lean against the other to watch as the sky blends with colors of oranges, reds, and pinks. The dark blue sky slowly encased the top of where the sun once was. Soft lights of stars and planets scatter the sky signifying the beginning of the night.

Viktor places a simple kiss onto their temple, pulling them closer to him. (Y/n) turns to face him with a smile leaning their forehead to rest onto his. The only thing crossing the two brilliant minds was each other as they stood fully engrossed in the other. (Y/n) is now the most prized thing in his life.