💚 In Your Eyes ✨

Requested by: PityStump
Words: 764
Pronouns He/Him

The sounds of scraping and pen to paper are the only things produced from the lab late at night. Viktor worked endlessly on his newest project and (Y/n) wrote the process down in his designated work journal. No words are being spoken between the two, yet still being in complete sync with each other as they work through the night.

Placing down his pen (Y/n) pulls out their pocket watch to check the time. Sighing at the time he places their journal down and leans back in his chair to rest his eyes for a moment. Viktor raises his head from his work to observe him for a moment as (Y/n) stands and grabs a book from one of the many bookcases in the lab.

(Y/n) makes his way to the loveseat flicking on the lamp sitting on the small end table. He slowly eases his way into the cushions of the seat and opens his acquired book flipping to the page marked by a small piece of paper.

(Y/n)'s eyes glance up for a moment catching Viktor's stare giving a slight smile in turn. Viktor snaps his head forward and attempts to focus on the blueprints in front of him. The only thing at the forefront of his mind is his eyes. After a few moments, he stands making his way over to him.

Sitting on the seat next to him Viktor looks over the book he's reading. The sight of constellations on the pages was no surprise. (Y/n) leans the book closer to him and starts talking about the different constellations in the different parts of the world. The book sparked an idea in his head he stands back up and offers a hand to (Y/n) as a silent proposal.

(Y/n) looks up in confusion when Viktor offers a walk to go see the stars. Pure joy fills his eyes at the idea and Viktor wished that he looked at him with that same adoration. Quickly grabbing his hand (Y/n) jumps up in excitement almost dragging Viktor to the door. Viktor gives a small tug to his hand to stop him from running off without him.

"It's cold tonight we should grab our coats first." (Y/n) laughs at himself and quickly makes his way to his coat.

Viktor puts on his coat preceding to grab his cane before making his way back over to (Y/n). He tries to ease his nerves as he locks the lab doors when (Y/n) grabs his hand rushing slightly ahead of him resetting any progress he made to calm himself. Viktor's mind tries to reason that it is solely platonic while (Y/n) is elated to share his favorite hobby with his favorite person.

Finally making their way outside of the academy (Y/n) almost glowing with excitement rambles on about the different constellations and stars that can be seen from the bridge. Viktor looks at him with adoration slightly leaning into his side. The sight of the stars may be beautiful but nothing can compare to the stars residing in (Y/n)'s eyes.

The pair make their way up the bridge and sit on one of the many benches rested atop the stone. (Y/n) quickly starts pointing out his favorite constellations and answering any questions Viktor asks. At one point he points at a constellation that Viktor can't make out and grabs his hand to direct his eyesight to the sky above.

Viktor can't take his eyes off the happiness on his face. Feeling his gaze on his face he looks over to him. (Y/n)'s eyes once again draw his focus seeing that same adoration as before, yet this time it is directed at him. The only light around the two of them is the stars above.

Feeling his breath fan over his face he leans in a slight amount giving him the option to back away when (Y/n) closes the space in between them placing his hands upon his jaw. The stress and nerves finally eased away at the touch of his lips on his. The pair in sync once again share unspoken words through the kiss.

The two break away with smiles on their faces and ease into an embrace and look back up to the night sky. (Y/n) rests his head upon his shoulder as the two lean into each other.

As Viktor places a kiss on his temple he realizes why the sky is dark, for his eyes hold all the light.