chapter four

4.

“What’d you beautiful ladies like to drink?” Dan said while winking at me. We all ordered vodkas and coke, while he took Guinness. After a few drinks I start to feel a bit tipsy. Obviously Dan was far past being tipsy. He put his arm around me. “Hey babe let’s go dancing” He said, still being a gentleman even though he’s drunk. He took my hand and dragged me onto the dance floor. A few minutes later I found me and Danny grinding each other. Gosh, what have I gotten myself into? I felt his hands on my waist. Gosh, I wanted more. I need him. Now. But I have to wait… I can’t let him now that I’m desperate about him. Huge chance he isn’t even into me, so waiting is just the best option right now.

“Enjoying yourselves there?” Mark smirked. I felt my cheeks become red. “We’re heading back to the hotel, care to join?” Glen asked. I’d love to say no and continue our little moment but I decide we should go back. “Yeah, coming” I said, receiving a questioning look from Dan. “What?” I asked playfully. “We were having a kind of moment…” “Well, that moment can wait. Let’s go to the hotel.”

Dan grabbed my hand and took me into his room. I forgot that he was still a bit drunk. “Dan, I don’t know what you’re planning to do but you’re drunk and I’m tired so I’m going to sleep.” “But... you don’t have a room” Dan reminded me. Shit. That means I had to sleep in one bed with him. My fangirl-self wouldn’t mind but he’s drunk and I don’t want anything to happen. “You can sleep with me? I won’t do anything stupid, I promise” He said giggling. I nodded and went to the bathroom, removing my make-up. Shit, I don’t have any clothes… I was already nude. “Hey, uhm, Dan? Can I borrow a shirt? I don’t have pajamas or anything so…” I heard him trying to walk straight towards the closet and grabbing a shirt. Carefully opening the door, making sure he doesn’t see my body, I took the shirt. I looked in the mirror and saw my brown hair being such a mess. I tried to brush it a bit with my fingers, obviously that didn’t work. I continued to look at the rest of my body. I really wasn’t happy with it. I really wasn’t thin. I mean, I’m not VERY thick but yeah… I do have stretch marks all over my body. I hated them. I also noticed I had huge bags under my blue-coloured eyes. I am such a mess… I’m glad Dan’s drunk so he’ll probably won’t remember how I look right now. I walked towards the bed and noticed Dan was already asleep. He didn’t take his clothes off. Without waking him, I carefully lay down beside him and closed my eyes.

I felt my head pounding. I slowly opened my eyes and noticed Dan didn’t lie beside me anymore. Where is he? I’m sure he isn’t feeling okay because I’m feeling sick and I didn’t even drink that much. I pulled myself out of bed and suddenly heard Dan vomiting. Uh-oh, this isn’t good. You’d think his body was used to large amounts of alcohol but apparently it isn’t. I slowly walked towards the bathroom and opened the door. “Dan… are you alright?” I asked. Stupid question. Of course he isn’t. When he was done vomiting, I helped him standing straight while he was leaning on my body. I grabbed a towel and wiping his mouth clean. “I can’t believe I was that drunk yesterday… I’m sorry if I did something stupid. We barely know each other and you already have to wake up to the sound of me vomiting. What are you even thinking about me right now?!” He asked. His insecurity  was adorable. “I think you drank too much. I also think you are a sexy motherfucker, but that’s a bit off-topic” Woah I could really be myself around him. I saw him staring at my arms. Shit… I forgot that I was wearing a t shirt without sleeves. He took my hand and made me sit next to him on his bed. When he saw my eyes started to fill themselves with tears, he pulled me into a hug. “Shhh... it’s alright. It’s okay.” “No… it’s not… I look like shit.” He put a finger underneath my chin and tilted my head towards his, forcing me to look in his eyes. “Don’t you ever say that. You don’t look like ‘shit’. You look beautiful.” “No… I don’t! You know I don’t… you’re just saying that to comfort me but you know I’m not beautiful. My body is the ugliest body I’ve ever seen. And I’m not saying that to get compliments. I’m saying that because it is the truth.” He tightened his grip and kissed the top of my head. “I used to think that of myself too, you know. I sometimes still do.” I slowly looked at him. “What?! How is that possible…? I mean you’re the hottest guy I’ve ever seen.” He was laughing shyly. “But, Dan?” I asked. “Yes…?” I took a deep breath. “Why me? Why did you ask me to stay with you? You don’t even know me. I mean nothing to you. I’m just Rose.” He smiled. “Because I know what you’re going through. I just feel connected to you. We just have this click. And you also look quite cute.” I blushed. “Me?! Cute?! Daniel, be honest. You can have all the girls you want. You can have pretty models. Pretty, thin, models. And still you think I’m cute? There’s something wrong in that head of yours.” I said. Suddenly, he stroked the hair out of my face and put his hands on my cheeks. “I think you’re beautiful.” I felt my heart beating faster. He slowly leaned in. our lips were only a few inches away. I could feel his breath. “Wakey Wakey!!” We heard while someone opened the door. It was Glen. “Whoops… did I interrupt something?” He asked with a smirk on his face. “No!” we said at the same time. “Alright, then. You two better get dressed because we’ve got fun things to do.” When Glen left, there was an awkward silence. “Well… let’s get dressed, then” Dan said. I nodded. This still feels like a dream. DANIEL O’DONOGHUE CALLED ME BEAUTIFUL. AAAAHHH!!