Chapter five

5.

"So... what are we doing today, then?" I asked Dan. We were still in 'our' hotel room. "We want to go to the park and do a jam session; see if anyone joins us. Jam sessions are the best, you know." I chuckled. "But, erm, Dan? I, er... I don't have any clothes to wear..." "It's fine, you can look in my closet, maybe you'll find something interesting. I'd say we have about the same style." "Damn right you are." I smirked. When Dan left, I opened his closet and found a pair of black skinny jeans, an AC/DC t-shirt (which was way too big for me) and a leather jacket. I put on my Bordeaux-red doctor martens, so the jeans looked like they fitted me. They actually didn't. Dan was way taller than me. I walked towards the mirror and applied some dark red lipstick, mascara and winged eyeliner. I decided to make a quiff of my pixie cut. When I walked downstairs, I saw Mark and Glen smirking at me. "Dan, since when do you have a twin?" Mark joked. "Shut it, you." I said. "You look beautiful" Dan said to me. "Thanks... is it because I actually look beautiful or because I'm wearing your clothes?" I joked. "Both"

"So, you play any instruments?" Glen asked me. "Well... I know how to play a piano." I said shyly. "Really? I didn't know you could do that!" Dan said. "Yeah, well, I can. Unfortunately I won't be able to join your jam session, since I don't think there will be a piano in the middle of a park." Glen smirked. "Well, you'd be surprised"

When we arrived at the park, I saw a piano. A big, huge, black piano. Gosh, it was beautiful. Dan and Mark brought their guitars and Glen his drumsticks: he'd turned a bin upside down and started making a beat. I immediately recognized the song: Bitter Sweet Symphony from The Verve. I loved that song. I knew how I could play it on the piano, so I started to join him. Not very much later, Dan and Mark started playing their guitars. Together we created a great rhythm. We felt how the beat from Glen's drums led us through the song. When we were at the chorus, Dan stood beside me, miming that I should sing with him. At first I was too scared, but when I looked in those beautiful, hazel-coloured eyes, it felt like all my doubts were taken away: we sang like there was no tomorrow. When we were finished, we noticed there had some people gathered around us; giving us an enthusiastic applause. I bowed with a smirk on my face. I suddenly had a great idea. I walked back to the piano, stroke the ivory keys with my hands and started playing the first few notes of 'howl at the moon'. The boys immediately recognized it. Danny stood next to me, looking in my eyes and started to sing. Luckily, I knew this song by heart because I couldn't keep my eyes off him. This song actually was only meant for the piano, but Mark, Glen (he could play guitar too), and three other dudes started playing with us. And so we spent our whole day jamming in the park. The sun had already started to disappear. When we walked back, Danny grabbed my hand. Mark and Glen walked in front of us but we started walking slower. "You really have an amazing voice, you know." Dan said with his beautiful Irish accent. "You're not so bad yourself" I smirked. He suddenly stopped walking. "You look stunning, you know?" "I know... you told me this morning" I said while winking at him. He slowly put his hand on my cheek. I saw his face coming closer to mine. There was no stopping him now. "Oi! Are you coming?" we heard Mark shouting. Apparently there was stopping him now. We sighed and walked back to the hotel.

"Don't you want your own room, then?" Dan asked. As much as I wanted to say no and sleep with him, I decided I wanted some privacy. And of course I still wasn't going to let him know that I wanted him badly.

I walked into my room and threw my, well actually Dan's, jacket on the ground. I still had no pajamas but since I was sleeping alone, I decided to sleep in my bra and underwear. My eyes almost closed, when I heard someone opening the door. It was Glen and Mark. I quickly covered my, almost naked, body with the sheets. "Hi..." I said awkwardly. "Hey. We wanted to talk to you about Dan." Glen said. They sat down at the end of my bed. "Sure, what is it?" I asked. "He's worried about you." Glen said carefully. Mark slightly nodded. "What? Why?" I frowned. "Well... he's worried about your scars. He thinks you're still cutting yourself. He said they looked fresh, as if you had done it a few days back." Mark grabbed my hand. "It's okay if you don't want to talk about it." I shook my head. "No, it's okay. He's right. I did indeed cut myself a few days ago. But that was before I met you lads. I mean I am like the biggest fan you'll ever meet. But there's one thing I don't understand: why are you guys asking me this? Why doesn't he ask me himself? It's not that I mind you asking, I mean you two seem to be very nice and kind, but why didn't he come here by himself?" "Well, he was afraid you might got angry at him for asking. Oh, and he also wanted us to get to know you a bit better" Mark winked. "Haha, it's fine" I said. "But if you don't mind, I'm quite tired so I'd like to sleep, okay?" I asked gently. "That's okay. Goodnight." They said, giving me a kind smile. I laughed at myself. I jammed with The Script today. Gosh, my life was really getting better.