CHAPTER 1

I looked at him and he was smiling brightly...

His eyes sparkled like the waters as it reflects the sun...

He was smiling brightly and I also smiled... I smiled bitterly...

For I know in my heart, that smile isn't mine...

He is the guy I have loved in my entire high school life. He was my first love. It's a love inexistent and unknown to him and to all of my friends. It's a love I've managed to hide through the years. And it tears me up that our graduation day is coming. It would mean I'd have to say goodbye to him giving him no clue about how I feel. So I decided to tell him the truth, to confess, but how can I when yesterday we learned that he is already in a relationship with Dianna, one of the most beautiful girl in class!

So there he is, the man I have loved for so many years. Looking good as he walked with Dianna by his side. He is holding Dianna's backpack as they were laughing as they talked to each other.

"Hey Rain, let's go change our clothes," Lorie said pulling me back to my senses.

"Oh yeah," I said shaking my head off to dispel my thoughts.

I walked with Lorie to the cottage to drop our things. Today is our recollection day held in a resort. Since our graduation is near, it is a time for us to have a good time and reminisce our past years in high school. I tried to enjoy, I together with Lorie and some of our friends like Lynn and Vanessa played in the pool, just splashing water into each other's face. We stayed at the 4 feet area of the pool cause I didn't know how to swim. Somehow, I felt happy with my friends, but since they know how to swim, they left me behind with Lynn.

After sometime, John, one of our classmate came to us offering us a hand to the other side of the pool which is 6.5 feet.

"Sure," Lynn agreed immediately but I hesitated cause I was afraid.

"No I'm good," I said but as I looked around, I realized Lorie and Vanessa were out of sight. Then I saw him and Dianna near me playing around. Thinking I'd be alone with them at that part of the pool, "Wait I'm coming," I blurted out.

"Yehey," Lynn exclaimed.

"Just hold my shoulder and paddle your feet like this," John taught us.

I held his right shoulder and Lynn on the other side then paddled my feet just as how John has taught us.

"I'm moving!" I exclaimed. I felt I was swimming and we did reached the end of the pool. I hold on to the wall. When I looked back, Lynn and John were already out of my sight. I tried to find them in the huge crowd but I wasn't able to see them. I got a little scared cause I can't feel the floor of the pool. I tried to climb up but I can't! I felt heavy. I thought of circling the pool but the thought of it seemed tiring. I just hope John would come back to help me up.

I stayed clinging into the wall but then I got tired of waiting.

"Would someone please help me to the other side of the pool?" I shouted hoping one might able to help me.

Then...

I saw 'him' swimming towards me and also John at his back, both offering their hands to me.

My chest was pounding wildly, i didn't expect him to come to my rescue. Also, who should I choose?

But since he came first, I reached my hand into his shoulders and hold him.

"Hold on tight," he said smiling. The same smile he always used whenever he talks to me, helps me, tease me, whenever he makes me feel like he also liked me...

The smile that made me fall in love with him...

I hold both of his bare shoulders lightly...

And because his shoulders are wet, my hand slipped. Luckily, he was able to catch me.

"You should hold me tighter like this," he said then wrapped my arms around his neck completely hugging him from the back. We are already half way the pool.

My heart was beating so fast...

My feelings are exploding,

and my thoughts are fleeting...

"I love you," I suddenly blurted out in his ear. He stopped swimming, completely shocked. We are already in the shallow part of the pool so he can freely stand.

"R-rain," he whispered.

"Shhh... I don't expect anything. I know you have a girlfriend already. I don't mean to ruin your relationship."

"Rain..." he said with a little chuckle of disbelief.

"I- I just want to tell you this cause I want to free myself already. Maybe, now that I've said it, this feeling will go away," I hugged him tighter. A tear roll down from my eye as i say "I love you" one last time.

Then slowly, I lose my grip from him. As my feet touch the floor of the pool, I walked away from him. I didn't look back so i can hide my tears and also, i don't want to see his reaction.

Tears are still streaming in my face but atleast now, I felt lighter.

I felt better that I have spilled the feelings I have stored in my heart for a long time.

And now that it's out, i made a silent wish that time will come that it will be consumed,

then I can be finally free...

<A/N> How did it go? Please comment and hit the star button... Thank you! I'm so sorry for any grammatical errors and typos...I don't have much time to proofread... Im so sorry...

Please support this story! Thank you very much!