CHAPTER 5

"Where were you yesterday?" Lorie welcomed as I entered our classroom.

"Yeah! You suddenly went out of sight! We looked for you!" Lynn seconded.

"I'm so sorry guys! I had an emergency I didn't have time to tell you about it," I apologized.

"You should have at least texted," Lorie ranted.

"I know... I'm really sorry," I said while putting my hands together.

"You missed what happened," Lynn said.

This is the conversation I've been wanting not to hear. I know they'll talk about the details of what happened.

"You know Kevin surprised Dianne for her birthday!" she said dreamily. I knew it!

"Yeah! I'm so jealous! I wish a guy would something like that for me too!" Lorie exclaimed.

"Ah!" I just nodded uninterestedly. I don't want to think about it. I want to escape this conversation. Can't we just talk about other things like... Infinite? But how am I going to say that to them?

"But! It's such a waste, it should have been you," Lorie said to me.

'Should have been me?'  I was stopped. I looked at her in curiosity. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Huh! Isn't it Kevin likes you? I mean liked you before?"

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"This is unbelievable! You don't know?" I 'm confused! I didn't know!

"Oh my!" Lynn covered her mouth in disbelief. "I can't believe this! You really don't know?"

"You are so dense!" Lorie shook her head.

"Oh come on guys. Stop joking!" I said with a nervous laugh. Kevin liked me? That's impossible right? And if he did, why don't I know anything about it?

"It's true!" Lynn exclaimed. "Remember when we-

-hey guys! Good morning!" John interrupted. I want to know more but I'm equally afraid.

"Oh! Hey John!" I smiled back at him. This is my escape.

"So what do we have here ladies?" he asked.

"Nothing!" I immediately answered. "Just random stuff," I don't want to talk about it.

"Oh! I see. Well, Rain, don't forget about our trip to the library later," he said.

"Ah. Yeah! Of course!" I said as he went inside the classroom.

"Hey Rain! What was that?" Lorie asked with a teasing smile. It seems they forgot what we were talking about later.

"Since when did you and John became so close?" Lynn questioned.

"Guys! What are you implying?" I laughed. "We just decided to go to the library later to review for our lessons. The exam is in a few days!"

"And?" they asked.

"And?" I mocked. "Nothing! Why don't we just go inside? Our teacher might come any minute!" I suggested and I went ahead them following me. But they were teasing me and I just shook them off.

I went to my seat still in contemplation of what I've learned about Kevin. I tried to shake it off my head cause I'm afraid it'll only get my hopes up.

Our teacher came and started distributing papers from our past activity. I'm aware of what's happening around but my mind is still wandering in thoughts.

If it was true, then why didn't he tell me?

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked absent mindedly and didn't realize Kevin is now facing me with some papers in his hand.

"What?" he asked. I was shocked!

"Ahm... nothing," I denied. Then I realized he was passing me the papers. I silently took it from his hand. Unknowingly, I touched his hands and I felt some bolts I couldn't name. I looked at him and our eyes locked but we looked away at the same time.

Our encounter at the corridor was the last time we talked to each other. And now, everything is just so awkward. I believe this is a good thing, the lesser we talk, the more I'll drift away from him, easier for me to get over. This is better, but why does it hurt so much? Maybe this is just how an unrequited love works.

The lecture went on. Our exam is in a few days and our graduation is in two weeks. Yes! That's how hectic our schedule is! So all of our teachers are rushing to finish the topics.

After my morning class, together with John, we went to the library as planned. He is so cool. He didn't disturb me while I read my books but entertained all my questions. He didn't dare open the topic about yesterday.

We went back to our classroom after. While everyone is waiting for our teacher, everyone is in groups chatting with their friends. I sat silently in my sit. I avoided looking at Kevin. I just focused on my book. Then Prince sat beside me. His name is Prince but he doesn't act like one. He always the top of gossips. I think he is actually a princess.

I just looked at him and smiled then went back to what I'm reading.

"Ahm, Rain... can I ask you something?" he started.

I looked at him. "Sure, what is it?"

"Are you and John dating?" he asked.

I almost dropped my book. "What?" I laughed in disbelief.

"Come on. Don't deny. I saw you yesterday at the garden and he was singing a song for you. And I saw you went to the library together!"

Wow! How could this guy be so nosy! I can't believe he came up with such conclusion in those simple events.

"No, were not dating," I simply answered.

"Really? Hmmnn... is he courting you then?"

I shook my head. This conversation is really getting uncomfortable. How could Prince ask personal questions when we are not even that close! I was about to answer when Kevin turned from his seat and looked at me.

"Are you entertaining suitors now?" he asked in a serious voice. My heart jolted in surprise. I didn't know he was listening to our conversation! And why is he asking me as if he cares if I am?

"A-a..." I suddenly didn't know what to answer. "Why not?" I just said.

"Ahh..." he just said and turned back to what he is doing.

"So I'm right?" Prince exclaimed excitedly. I wasn't able to answer him immediately cause my mind is fleeting to Kevin's actions a while back.

What is the meaning of this?

Kevin, your making me all confused again!

(A/N) I'm extremely excited for INFINITE's COMEBACK!!! How about you?

Have you watched the 360 VR teaser? Kyaahhh!!!! (I'm so sorry! I just can't help myself!!!) The album is so beautiful!!!!!

PLEASE SUPPORT INFINITE!!!!! 7/13