Chapter 26.

Thud. Thud. Thud. “Mmmmmm” I groaned out loud, would this headache ever go away? I rubbed my temples trying to sooth the aching feeling in my head. I pulled the elastic that was holding my hair up and threw my hair back up into a messy bun. I pulled a Kleenex from the box that was sitting right beside me, blew my nose and threw the tissue on the ground beside my bed.

It was Monday afternoon, three days after the dance and the cold was hitting me pretty hard right now. I got out of bed, a wave of dizziness rushing over me. I put my hand on the wall to steady myself, waiting for the temporary blindness to go away. I crossed my room and pulled the curtains shut then made it back to my bed.

I pulled the blankets higher up and let myself fall back asleep.

I was back in the small park with Collin. I knew the kiss was coming. When he turned and cupped my face I was more than eager to kiss him. I leaned up on my tip toes and let our fingers meet. He pulled back and started rambling on about how he wanted a bunny and something about toddlers and tiaras.

That’s what you get when you have a headache and a fever. Hallucinations. I didn’t bother opening my eyes. I sighed out loud and pushed myself up so I was sitting. I didn’t feel any better. I rubbed my eyes and saw Collin sitting on the edge of my bed. I rubbed my eyes making sure I wasn’t hallucinating again.

He had a red snapback on and a grey hoodie with the hood pulled up. I looked at him tiredly. “I told you I was going to get sick.” I whined while reaching for another tissue. “Not feeling well?” he asked. My head was pounding even more than before, and all I could manage was a glare. He laughed lightly and came and sat next to me.  “I’m sorry you got sick.” He said quietly taking my hand in his. “So my mom made you some chicken noodle soup and I brought over a stupid chick flick that you’ll love.”

I stuck my tongue out at him. “They’re not stupid.” I protested quietly. He laughed and stood up off my bed. “How about we watch… October baby!” he exclaimed excitedly. “That movie always makes me cry.” I told him. “Yeah but it’s cute when you cuddle up to me when you cry!” he chirped cheekily.

He turned on my t.v. and put the DVD in the DVD player. “I’ll be right back, babe.” He called while leaving my room. A few minutes later he came back in with a steaming hot bowl of cream of broccoli with cauliflower soup and a blanket. He set the soup on my bedside table and put the blanket on top of my other two. He walked around to the other side of my queen sized bed and crawled under the blankets.

I waited a few minutes for my soup to be cooled then started to eat it. “Is it good?” Collin asked. I nodded and continued eating my soup. A few minutes later I set my empty bowl back on my nightstand. I moved over and snuggled up to Collin. “When you’re sick, you look so tiny. Especially when you’re wearing my hoodie.” Collin commented as the movie started. I looked up at him and nodded.

The movie was about a quarter through and I felt myself starting to fall asleep. I had my head resting on his shoulder and my eyes slowly started to close. I snapped them back open, determined not fall asleep but I failed. My eyes fell shut and my brain ‘turned off’.

~

When I woke up the movie was almost over. Collin looked down at me.  He smiled and started to lean down in my direction. I turned away from him, pushing his face away from mine. “I’m sick.” I grumbled. He sighed, “That doesn’t mean I can’t kiss you here.” He said quitter while kissing my neck gently.  “mmm.” I groaned in protest, and squirming away from him. “What?” he asked concern across my face. “I don’t feel good.” i pouted while burying my face in his chest.

“I know its okay.” He cooed, gently rubbing my back. He pushed the loose strands of hair that had fallen out of my messy bun out of my face. His cool fingertips slid across my face. I held his hand to my cheek “your hands are cold.” I whispered, closing my eyes. “No, aria, you just have a fever.”

“So you’re saying I’m hot?” I asked. “Yeah, the hottest.” He smirked. I laughed a little, my head starting to pound even more. I put a hand on my fore head. “I’ll be right back, princess.” He said quietly. He got up and I watched him leave my room. I pulled his hoodie tighter around my body and put another pillow behind me, propping myself up some more.

Collin came back a few minutes later with a glass of water and some Tylenol. “Thank you.” I said quietly. “No problem.” He said. He sat back down on my bed and held my hand. We talked and he turned the t.v. back on. I fell back asleep and when I woke up, Collin was gone.

There was a note on my night stand:

Sorry, had to go :(

Hope you feel better! Text me when you’re up :)

 I love you

Xoxo Collin

I re-read the note, my brain didn’t quite process it the first time.

I got up and took a hot shower, hoping to feel a little bit better. I put on a new pair of pajamas and pulled Collins sweater back on. I headed down stairs, my mom was sitting on the phone chatting away to someone. “Hey, how are you feeling?” my mom asked after she had hung up the phone. “Meh, alright.” I said weakly, sitting on the couch by her feet. “You should wash that sweater.” My mom said, noticing that I had changed my clothes except for my sweater.

“But it’s comfy.” I said. She laughed and shook her head. “Back to bed you!” she said.

I went back to my room and curled up in bed, falling asleep.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Okay, this chapter was shorter, but it also was a filler chapter:$

So if I get 1 new fans, I will update:)

So yeah! Tell me what you’re thinking!

I GOT MY FIRST PIECE OF FAN ART TODAY<3 I’M SO HAPPY, YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! AND I KNOW YOU GUYS CAN GET ME ONE FAN! I believe :)

Comment

Vote

Fan<3