One Shot:3 AshxLeaf

Fifteen year old Leaf Green is running through the halls of Pallet Town high. Tears streamed down her face as she thought back to what had just happened a few moments ago. It had been the same thing for the last eight months. She came to school and was fine until she went to her second class of the day. That's when everything always got worse as she had no friends in that class so Gary and pretty much everyone else in the class made her life hell.

She hated Gary. Most people would think it was impossible that they had been childhood friends. People would be even more surprised to hear that a year ago they had started dating. It had been a wonderful summer however towards the end of summer vacation Gary had told her that he wanted to take her virginity. Leaf had declined saying that not only were they too young but they also hadn't been going out for long. At the time Gary had seemed fine with it but as soon as the first day of school started the hell began. Gary had gone around and bragged about how he had slept with her and then dumped her. Although Leaf adamantly denied it everyone believed Gary apart from one person. Suddenly Leaf crashed into someone She looked up and saw the chocolate brown eyes belonging to her only friend Ash Ketchum.

"Leaf what's wrong?" Ash asked softly.

Leaf wrapped her arms around Ash and sobbed into his shirt. Ash quickly returned the embrace and rubbed Leaf's back hoping it would calm her. Some of the students looked at them however a quick glare from Ash made them carry on with what they had been doing before. After a couple of minutes Leaf's sobs turned into whimpers. Ash then tilted Leaf's head up and wiped away her tears making her blush.

"Did Gary say or do something again?"

Leaf nodded and watched as Ash got an enraged look in his eyes.

"I'm gonna kill him." Ash growled.

Leaf's eyes widened in fear. Ash had gotten in trouble for beating up Gary almost every day for the last eight months leading to him getting suspended several times. After the last suspension the principle informed Ash that if he got into trouble for hurting Gary again he would be expelled.

"No Ash you can't. If you get in trouble for hurting Gary again you'll be expelled." Leaf said frantically.

"I don't care. He upset you and I care about you too much to allow him to get away with it."

Leaf looked desperately at Ash. She couldn't lose him. If she did she wouldn't get through the day. He was the only thing that made it all better.

"Please Ash don't do it. If you get expelled I'll have no one here. I need you with me." Leaf pleaded.

Ash looked at the look on Leaf's face and couldn't deny her.

"Okay. I won't hurt him again." Ash promised.

"Thank you Ash." Leaf whispered in relief.

"At least we only have two more weeks of school. Then we can start our Pokémon journey together." Ash said.

Together, Leaf liked the sound of that. Truth be told she had never really felt anything more than friendship for Gary. It had always been Ash for her. But when Ash had started dating Serena it had crushed Leaf's hopes so she had settled for what at the time seemed like second best. Of course now she knew how much of mistake that had been. Leaf brushed all other thoughts aside and rested her head on Ash's chest relishing the feeling of his arms wrapped tightly around her. Ever since the start of the year Leaf had dreamt of her and Ash getting together. After he had broken up with Serena due to her believing Gary Ash had broken ties with all other friends as they had also believed Gary. Leaf knew that Ash could have had any girl he wanted but he had chosen to stand by her. That thought brought a smile to her face.