One Shot:5 AshxCandice

Ages

Ash is 18 years old.

Candice is 20 years old.
___________________________________

It had been two weeks since Ash's victory against Candice and due to this being one of the last days until he had to leave Ash had gotten up early so he could spend as much of the day with Candice as possible. After getting into his warm clothing he quickly had some breakfast and left the Pokémon Centre. As he walked towards Candice's house Ash thought about the last two weeks and how much he had enjoyed them. He was glad that he had chosen to stay for a little while as it had given him the time he need to figure out the feelings he had started to get during his gym battle with her. At the time of their gym battle he pushed the feelings aside to focus on the battle however once he'd won he decided that he would stay in Snowpoint and spend a bit of time with Candice. Brock and Dawn had tried to convince Ash to leave the next day as she had a contest coming up. Eventually after a long discussion they had agreed to split up for now and then reunite in Sunyshore. Over the two weeks Ash had finally realised what he felt for Candice, it was love. It was strange since he had never experienced it before but he relished the feeling.

Ash got to Candice's home and knocked on the door. A few moments later the door opened and Ash saw Candice with two snowboards in hand. Ash remembered the first time they had gone snowboarding as at first he had spent more time on his arse than on the snowboard. However after a few days he had gotten a lot more comfortable on a board. He was nowhere near as good as Candice but he was good enough to keep up with her.

"Good morning Ash." Candice said brightly.

"Hey Candice. Shall we get going?"

"Yeah."

Candice handed one of the snowboards to Ash and they walked towards the outskirts of Snowpoint. Once they were outside of the city they got on their snowboards and started to follow the path they had taken yesterday. About halfway down the path Candice swerved off to the right. Ash was confused by the change in direction but followed her.

"Where are we going?" Ash asked.

"I have a secret place I want to show you."

Ash gave a nod and kept following her. Finally they came to a cave.

"We're here." Candice stated.

Ash looked at the cave and wondered what could be so special about it. Candice and Ash removed their snowboards and she led him into the cave. Once inside Ash looked around in awe. The frozen walls glistened beautifully.

"This place is beautiful, when did you find this place."

"I found it when I was younger. I accidentally went off of the main path and ended up here."

"When I leave I'll have to bring my Pokémon here so they can see this."

"Yeah." Candice murmured.

Candice watched as Ash admired the walls and looked down sadly. She knew that he was leaving in a couple of days time and she really didn't want him too. She had relished the time they had spent together and was certain that once he left she wouldn't see him again unless she gave him a reason to want to come back. That was why she had been trying to tell Ash how she felt. Even though they hadn't known each other for long she knew that she loved him and she hoped that he felt the same way. The problem was that every time she was going to tell him she lost her nerve or someone interrupted them. She saw that Ash was now looking at her and put a smile on her face.

"Well I'm glad that you like this place. So shall we go back outside. I know that there's a mountain nearby that we can board down."

"Ok."