𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

"You got a girl in the stands?" Charlie asks Adam, who's eyes are fixed on something or someone.

"No, scouts." Adam says sounding nervous.

"Hey don't worry about them, just play your best." Charlie says patting Adams shoulder.

Just as Charlie was about to look away his eyes stopped on a girl, she had straight dark brown hair that went down to her shoulders and brown eyes which were darting around the ice. She looked familiar to him, but from where?

"What you got a girl now?" Adam says playfully.

"No, she look familiar to you?" Charlie says motioning at the girl.

Adam turns his head and looks for a few moments, "Nope." he says.

• • •

Team USA wins, and Charlie started walking out of the locker room when he spotted the girl walking down the hall. He decided to make a small move, he started walking in her opposite direction.

His plan was put into place when he purposefully bumped into her knocking what she had in her hand onto the floor.

"Oh man I'm so sorry," He says bending down to pick it up.

"It alright," She says. "Didn't you just play?"

"Yeah, yeah I did." He says. "I'm Charlie." He says standing up and hanging her the paper she had dropped.

"Lauren, it's nice to meet you." She says.

"So, you here for the games?" He asks.

"Yeah, Team USA swimming." She says. Charlie then realizes who she was, it all came rushing back to him.

"You're Lauren Parker, the miracle girl from the Olympic Trials." He says.

"Yeah that's me, Ms Miracle Girl." She says sarcastically and rolls her eyes. "Don't bother, it's not funny." She turns around and starts to walk away, annoyed.

"Wait, no no no, that's not what I meant, at all." He says catching up to her. "I meant that I saw you, in the paper and on the news, they called you Miracle Girl remember?"

The rest of the team starts walking out of the locker room laughing, but stop when they see their teammate desperately trying to make amends.

"You think I don't remember?" She scoffs. "Whatever, nice job anyway." She walks away from him and Charlie puts his head down.

"Smooth." Guy says.

• • •

The game against Iceland, and they had lost. Everyone upset and angry, Adam was one of the last people in the locker room.

He gathered his things and left, walking down the hall he soon bumped his arm into none other than Lauren Parker herself. She turned around and their eyes met,

"Sorry, my bad." He says.

"No it's no problem." She says. "Uh, I watched the game, sorry about your loss, you guys still did good though."

"Yeah, Coach is still giving us a hard time though." He says.

"I get that, my swim coach made us do extra laps this morning during practice because we lost yesterday." She says.

"Oh are you swimming for USA?" He asks.

"Yeah, I am." She says. "Im Lauren." She says putting her hand out.

"Adam," He says shaking her hand but winces slightly.

"Oh are you hurt?" She asks quickly letting go of his hand.

"Yeah a little, it's no big deal." He says.

"Are you sure? I'd hate to be the one to hurt you even more." She says.

"Don't worry, you won't." He says glancing at the clock. "Hey uh, I gotta go actually. I'll see you around, hopefully?"

"Maybe, come to one of the meets we have and you'll see me." She says.

"I'll try my best." He says as he starts to walk away.

Lauren smiled as his figure soon disappeared into the halls, this couldn't distract her.