College AU

Alina and Mal were packed in closely next to each other on Nikolai's couch. Alina really didn't want to come the party, but Zoya had quite literally dragged her here. Everything had gotten even more complicated since freshman year, when they moved in together. She was the driver tonight, "God hate this." She mumbled under her breath. Mal was really tempting her, He was quite obviusiosly drunk. He was 100% the nicest drunk she'd ever meet, if giggling was considered nice that is.

"Hey, let's go." said Genya gesturing to Zoya, Nina, Tamar and Nadia.

"Acctutlly me and Nadia are gonna stay and uber later." said Tamar.

"Okay, I'll see you on monday." Alina said while getting up say goodbye to them.

=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Genya and Zoya decided to go in the backseat, they had been secretly trying to get Mal and Alina since Alina broke up with Aleksander. This left Mal in the front seat next to Alina. Within s3econds of getting in the car he rested head on Alina's shoulder.

"Awwwww." Genya squealed. Zoya had a slight smile too.

"Are you gonna sleep like this?" Alina asked him trying to hold back a giggle.

"Mhmm." mumbled Mal. The girls in the back started giggling uncontrollably. Mal pulled out a sad pout. And asked

"Are they laughing at me?!" he slurred completely shocked. That caused them to giggle even more. Genya and Zoya didn't have as much to drink as Mal did, that was obvious to anyone who looked at them.

Alina started driving. Genya, Zoya and few others lived in the same building there was only one stop before Mal and her went home.

They pulled up to the girls' apartment and let them out. Then after they said goodbye again. Alina started to drive her and Mal place.

They only had to drive like 3 miles to their flat. Alina felt like she was drowning, like her heat was going to beat out of her chest. Mal had fallen asleep on her shoulder after mumbling sweet nothings like how pretty she was or how good she smelled. "Saints, I wish he was sober!" she thought. Alina let out a sigh, She had just pulled into the parking lot of their apartment. She pulled into an empty spot and sat there for a few minutes and just stared at Mal. He always looked handsome but when he slept he looked like another man, one that had no stress, one who wasn't frowning all the time.

I stared to nudge him awake saying softly "Mal, wake up we're home." He groaned and snuggled closer into her neck. She let out a giggle when he started to nibble on her neck. She could feel him smile against her neck. "Come on, let's go in I'm cold."

Opening her car Alina sighed she had been foolishly hoping she would have to drag him, but here she was at his car's door helping him get up.

Once Mal was standing again Alina noticed he was looking at her weird. Mal had a soft tired smile on, 

"I like your dress." He slurred quietly.

But it was strange because he wasn't looking at my dress or even my eyes... He was staring almost mesmerized at my lips-'ALINA' my mind screamed ' You shouldn't be thinking about him like this let alone think HE does.' 

Mal stares at my lips for another second, and leans in.