|02.

|REMEMBRANCE

------

"SO...you really think you're ready to teach?"

"Like really ready?"

"Yes, Lola. I'm ready" I replied, head down in my journal.

"Okay.....and you know you're gonna be like one of thee hottest art teachers there right? You do know that right?"

I chuckle slowly while shaking my head.

"And it's some fine ass students at California U"

"Ugh. Really?" I made a face as I glanced up at my cousin.

"What?" Her big brown eyes widened.

"It is. When me and Jema went to go get her cousin a few weeks ago, I was like damn. I saw a nice lil group of fine ass dudes walking out"

"Girl. You almost thirty...one" I reminded her, to which she made a face.

"Hey, they over 18 so...." She trailed.

"But anyway. Wassup wit Elijah?"

I suddenly felt the small surge of positive energy I did have, now fade off.

"Nothin"

Lola snorted at my dry tone.

"What his ass do now?" She questioned, taking a big bite out of the large chocolate strawberry she held in her hands.

"Nothin" I paused.

"Okay....so is he signing off on shit or what?" She fished next.

"No"

"What?"

"He sent me some shit in the mail talking about an error on the split of assets" I explained.

Confusion now filled Lola's face.

"Like, what is really wrong with him?"

I roll my eyes before standing up and readjusting my beige palazzo pants.

"He's just a waste...of face...body and lips"