Chapter 11 Bacon and Eggs Karl's POV

Karl wakes up to the smell of something cooking in the kitchen downstairs. Curious, he crawls out of bed, stretching before heading down the stairs to see a familiar sight.

"Good morning!" Vlad said, standing at the stove.

"Morning, Vlad." Karl said with a smile.

"Just thought I'd cook you some breakfast. Least I could do since you let me spend the night." Vlad said.

"Ah, salamat, Vlad." Karl said, taking a seat at the kitchen table.

"Wala lang 'to, I just wanted to do something nice for you since you let me spend the night here." Vlad replied.

"Buti na lang okay ka na sa sofa." Karl joked.

"Well... masikip pa rin yung sofa, pero siyempre nasanay ako, ilang linggo mo akong pinatulog diyan, eh." Vlad joked in return.

The two laughed as Vlad served what he had been cooking.

"Scrambled eggs and bacon, just the way you like it." He smiled, placing the food onto the table.

"Naalala mo pa talaga yung paborito kong luto ng bacon, ah." Karl said, taking a bite of the bacon Vlad cooked, admiring the perfect crispiness it had been cooked to.

"Aba, siyempre, ilang beses na kaya akong nagluto para sa'yo." Vlad said, pouring a glass of water.

Vlad was about to pour Karl a glass too when Karl stopped him

"Ako na, Vlad." Karl said, reaching for the pitcher.

"Hinahawak ko na yung pitcher, eh. Just let me do it!" Vlad insisted.

Karl kept reaching for the pitcher, but Vlad kept it away from him until he gave in.

"Hay, sige, ikaw na." Karl laughed, rolling his eyes.

The two ate together, sharing even more laughs until Vlad's phone lit up.

"Hinahanap ako ni Ate. I have to go, sorry." He said, getting up from the table.

"Ah, okay lang, ako na bahala maghugas." Karl replied.

Vlad was about to step out the door when Karl called his name.

"Vlad, wait!"

"Yeah, Karl?" Vlad stopped by the doorway.

Ready na akong mag-out.

"Uh- Ah, wala lang, thanks for your help sa project." He stuttered.

"Karl, project ko rin 'yan. Of course I'd help... but you're welcome. Bye!" Vlad waved and left the room.

"Yeah... bye."

Gusto ko munang simulan ang plano ko bago sabihin sa kanya. Gusto kong makita niya na kaya ko 'to.

He brought out his phone and began sending a message to Joan and Chomskie.

Karl: Gusto niyo bang mag-sleepover mamaya?

Chomskie: Ang short notice naman beh...

Joan: Ano ka ba Chomskie it's a Saturday let's have fun.

Joan: Karl we'll be there!

Karl: Sige see u send ko mamaya address ko

Karl closed his phone and let out a sigh. The first step of his plan for the day was done. Now, it was time for the rest of it.