Chapter 11: Tom's breakdown

"I'm gonna run some errands, need anything?"  Harrison asks while standing in the doorway of their hotel room ready to leave. Tom is watching some tv on the couch as he shakes his head.

"All right, see ya." Harrison leaves. Tom sighs. It has been a long day at work, they did a lot of fighting today. He is almost ready shooting, then they're going to edit it and then is the premiere. He closes his eyes and runs his hands trough his brown curly hair. He decides to get a shower. He gets up and walk to the bathroom. He takes off his clothes and showers for about fifteen minutes. When Tom gets out of the shower he puts a towel on his waist. He leans with his hands on the sink looking himself in the eye in the mirror. A tear is rolling down his face. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.  He opens his eyes again and get the hairdryer out of a cabinet. After his hair is all dry he gets out of the bathroom walks to the kitchen where he gets a beer out of the refrigerator. He walks through the living room to the large window that has sight over Los Angeles. The hotel is around a twenty minute ride from the set.  He takes a sip from his beer while watching the sun go down. It is one of the most beautiful sights tom has ever seen. After watching the sunset for a few minutes he goes to his bedroom to change. When he opens his closet he puts on some black sweatpants and when he wants to choose his sweater for the rest of the evening he sees Scarlett's favorite sweater. It is a green Adidas with white black stripes sweater. Scarlett used to wear it a lot and now she can't wear it anymore. 

I should've given it to her before she left. 

I should've given her all of my sweaters she liked. 

I should've given her all of my shirts she liked.

 I should've given her her favorite picture of us. 

A feeling of guilt is running through  his mind. More and more tears are rolling down his face. He has the green sweatshirt in one hand and his beer in the other.  He falls on his knees, he takes a last sip of his beer and then throws it against the wall, it breaks in little pieces. Tom doesn't even look up, but instead he falls with his head in the sweater on his knees. 

When Harrison gets home an hour later he finds Tom sleeping on the ground in his bedroom with around a lot of glass. Harrison puts the errands down and gets a sweeper and starts to clean up Tom's mess. He doesn't have to ask him what happened, because when he sees Tom with the green sweater he all ready knows exactly what happened. He lies down the sweeper on the bed and lifts his friend up to lie him down on bed. Which is easier said than done. Tom isn't exactly the lightest with all his muscles, but after some struggles Tom is laying in bed with the green sweater. Harrison continues cleaning up the mess Tom has made.  

"Morning."  It is 6:15 in the morning and Harrison is standing in the kitchen cooking and Tom just woke up.

"Hmh." Tom says his voice very low in the morning, Scarlett always thought it was kind of hot. 

"You cooking?" Tom says stunned. Harrison nods. 

"But you can't cook." 

"Here try some." Harrison sticks the spatula he is baking the eggs with out to Tom who takes it over and immediately spits it out in the trash can next to him.

"I was right."  He gives the spatula back to Harrison who then takes a bite too and also spits it out immediately. 

"Yep you were right. I can't cook. I can make coffee though, here." Harrison slides a black coffee over to Tom over the kitchen counter. 

"Thanks."  He takes a sip and then clears his throat. 

"You want to talk about last night?" Harrison says. You know the thing that Tom has always loved about his friendship with Harrison is that they don't talk about things that happen like last night, they just make each other happier by  their presence. That's why Tom doesn't like that his friend is asking it now.