Chapter 14: Christmas Eve

Because of the many guests Nikki had to add another table. So now the four kids are sitting at a smaller table and the grown ups at the big table. The table was colored with the colors of the delicious food that Nikki made. From delicious turkey to cranberry sauce it was all there. When they came home the food was already on the table. Scarlett took a shower before they started eating. They have been catching up and eating for around two hours and they're almost done with dinner. But though the whole dinner Scarlett was stuck with one question in her mind; how and why now did they free her? She just didn't want to ruin the atmosphere by asking. She started shaking her leg. Tom, whose hand has been on her knee for the whole evening, looks at her leg and then at her.

"What's  going on?" He whispered, but you could still hear the concern in his voice. 

"It is nothing, really. I'm just happy." She forces a smile.

"Scarlett." He raises his brows. She slightly shakes her head.

"You can tell me everything you know that, right." Scarlett just nods and says,

"I have to go use the restroom." She stands up and walks away. She hears footsteps following her. She looks over her shoulder and sees her boyfriend walking after her. She sighs. Of course.

"Scarlett please tell me. It kills me seeing you like this. All I want is for you to be happy. And if it is something I did you can say it, if it is something someone else did I'll just kick their ass. But you have to tell me, for yourself. " 

"But look at everyone." Tom looks over his shoulder and then back at her. "They are all so happy, but if I ask it I'll ruin the whole vibe everyone has going on." She looks down at her feet. Tom wraps his arms on her waist and pulls her against him. She looks up at him.

"The whole reason there is such a good atmosphere is because you are here, but more importantly is that you are happy." She looks him in the eye and smiles, a real smile this time.

"Well I have been wondering all night how you got the security footage, dad and more stuff." Scarlett confessed.

"We'll tell you. Come on." He takes her hand in his and they walk back to the table. Tom makes eye contact with Robert and nods. Scarlett sits down and Tom walks to his mother who is in a conversation with Norman across from her. He whispers something in her ear, she nods and stands up.

"You have to excuse me for a minute Norman." She walks over to the table where the children are playing with their food. 

"Kids why don't you go play upstairs for a little bit and play with your toys so the grown ups can talk." 

"Okey mom." The four children run up the stairs and Nikki asks,

"Can I get anyone something to drink?" 

"Depends." Scarlett looks at Tom. "What kind of drink do I need?" 

"I think a beer would appropriate."

"Then a beer it is." 

"Anyone else something?" 

"No thanks." 

"Shall we sit on the couch?" Nikki asks while giving Scarlett a cold beer. They nod and sit down on the L shaped couch. Scarlett is sitting in the corner with Tom besides her. 

"So how did you guys pull it off?" Scarlett asks.

"Well it all started when I had this amazing idea." Tom starts.

"Which he called us about in the middle of the night." Florence added. Scarlett chuckles.

"Anyways." Tom gives a annoyed look to Florence who blows a raspberry at him. "And I told Robert already about what was going on. So I told him the plan too."