(14/20)

Brendon was hopping happily with his best friend, Jon, down the hall. He couldn't wait for Jon to meet Ryan. But what if Ryan doesn't want to talk at school, what if it's embarrassing?

Brendon slows down and frowns, a concerned Jon looking back at him. Ryan could be just faking it. "I-I'm ne-nervous." He stutters quietly and looks over near Ryan's locker. He's not there yet.

"Why is that B?" He asks and rubs his poor friend's shoulder as a comfort.

"W-What i-if h-he do-doesn't l-like me any-anymore?" He managed and looked at his converse, brushing his shoes along the stained dirty tiles of the school floor.

"You-" Jon was cut off when Brendon starting poking Jon violently, nodding to Ryan walking down the hallway with a briefcase.

"T-thats h-him!" Brendon squeaks softly enough for Jon to hear, stepping aside to Brendon's locker so people can move along the hallway.

A bright flash of light was shined Brendon's way and he realized it was just Ryan's smile, him walking over casually with his lanky form.

Brendon's breath hitched and he had an urge to bounce or cheer. He started to walk slowly but tripped on an object on the floor, falling forward. Just like the clutz he is.

Ryan was there in time to catch the boy in his arms in time, arms under the boy's. Brendon looked up shyly and gave a little wave, straightening up.

"Hey." He smiles and bites his lip, looking at Brendon with a cute look that Brendon wants to scream about.

Ryan glances over Brendon's best friend, a weird look flashing across his face. Why is he giving Ryan a scornful look?

Jon walks two steps forward and holds his hand out to shake. "I'm Jon, his best friend. If you hurt him you're getting your balls twisted and torn off okay?" He grits and Ryan's eyes widen.

"Jon!" Brendon gasps clearly, him cheering in his head. He gives Jon a look and pushes up his glasses. "H-he's j-just kid-kiding."

Jon scoffs. "No I'm not." He smirks at Ryan and he looks around awkwardly. Brendon wants to die.

"Y-you b-better be kid-kiding." Brendon pouts and blushes from his best friend's introduction.

"I'm just giving him a fair warning, that's all." He shrugs and Brendon rolls his eyes, messing with his hands. So embarrassing.

"So um I'm Ryan, but Brendon and I have class so I was wondering if you wanted to walk with me?" Ryan asks Brendon, his heart fluttering. He wants to walk to class?! Brendon nods and smiled shyly.

Jon waves his hand in the air and leaves, going down the hall to his first class. Brendon happily walks beside Ryan, his books engulfed in his arms.

"Do you need help? I can carry your books." Ryan says and offers a hand. Brendon shakes his head, grinning at the offer. "No, it's okay. I insist." He states and takes the books, their hands brushing.

Brendon blushes and walks along with Ryan to their English class. They go in and Ryan goes to set the books on Brendon's desk.

He sits down and watches Ryan go up to the teacher. What is he doing?

"Can I switch seats to help Brendon more?" Ryan asks the teacher and Brendon can't help but smile down at his hands. He wants to sit next to his weird self? This day just keeps getting better and better.

Ryan comes back and sits down next to the excited boy. Brendon wants to squeal but he'll wait till he goes home.

Ryan looks over at Brendon and smiles.

-------------

English class was amazing to Brendon. Him and Ryan kept exchanging looks and their hands and elbows brushed as they worked.

It was now lunch and Brendon sat with Jon at their table, Brendon carving his sandwich once again since it was Friday and that's what the school served.

"Be careful not to drop your spaceship, here comes Ryan." Jon points out and Brendon looks up quickly, putting his sandwich spaceship down.

"W-what? W-why!?" He squeaks and tries to act natural, pushing up his glasses. He bites his lip and Ryan walks over casually, his suitcase in his right hand.

"Hey." Ryan smiles and sits across from Brendon, glancing at a glaring Jon for a second.

"H-hey." Brendon breathes and shifts, bouncing his anxious foot. He looks down at his food and taps his fingers.

"I like your spaceship sandwich." Ryan smiles and Brendon's heart flutters, looking up at the boy. He can't help but smile and blush.

"T-thanks." he says softly and pokes at it. He thought Ryan thought it was weird and strange considering Ryan laughed at it a couple days ago.

"You're cute --I mean it's cute. But you're cute too." Ryan stumbled and blushed, looking at the innocent Brendon.

Brendon ignored Jon's looks and glanced at his hands, grinning like an idiot. "Thank you."