(10/20)

They walked inside in silence, not bothering to break it. The house was empty, Brendon's Mom must be at work again and his Dad must be out with his friends like always. Brendon is used to it.

"Where's your parents?" He asks and Brendon shrugs, going up the stairs hesitantly with Ryan following. He didn't think about how his room, it's basically a nerd cave. Okay, it is a nerd cave.

They walk in and Brendon sets his backpack on it's specific hanger, he's a very organized person most of the time. He sits down at his desk and bites his lips, noticing the note in clear site on the table. He rushes and crumbles it, throwing it under his bed. He almost had a panic attack, luckily Ryan didn't notice because he was too busy looking around.

"This place is.. cool." Ryan results to and the corners of Brendon's mouth twitch up. He thought that was the nicest thing he ever said to him. Brendon pushes up his glasses and messes with a string on his jeans. He needs a distraction because he's not going to say anything. He can't go up against the soothing voice Ryan has.

"So let's begin then." Ryan says and readjusts his cap before taking some papers out and sitting on the bed. "What's a noun?" He asks and Brendon has to think of a way of not sounding ridiculous. Brendon stays silent and Ryan raised his eyebrow. "You don't know?" He asks and Brendon shakes his head then nods because his answer could go in two different ways. "You could just- talk." Ryan adds and Brendon bit his lip, shaking his head. "Why not?"

"I c-can't t-talk r-right." Brendon finally says and sinks into his chair. Ryan purses his lips and furrows his brows as if he was thinking.

"You sound fine to me." He says and Brendon's heart lights up, beating against his chest. Really? Is Ryan ust bluffing or what? Brendon blushes and ducks his head, hiding a smile. "I mean just-- I don't know nevermind." He says and shakes his head, brushing off whatever he was going to say.

Brendon nods and starts to panic a little, the note is pounding in his chest. "W-who i-is t-the g-geek a-b-bout?" He blurts and Ryan's eyes get wide, looking up at Brendon in shock, looking like he was going to explode.

"How do you know about that?" He asks, almost gritting his teeth which made Brendon more nervous. Damn his stupid mouth and brain. Brendon shrugs and messes with his hands. "Did you read it?" He asks, suddenly nervous.

"W-what i-if I d-did?" Brendon asks and suddenly shakes his head. He just did the lamest response ever. Wow he wants to jump out of the window.

"Then I would want to know where the hell you got it." He shoots back and Brendon flinches a bit. "Do you have it? Because I swear if you read it--" Ryan was cut off by Brendon getting on the floor and getting under the bed. Ryan looked down in confusion. "I didn't mean to scare you." He sighs and that's when it hits Brendon. He wasn't scared, he was just getting the note. The note read that the person acted like Ryan was a kitten eater. Maybe it is about him?

Brendon throws the note out into the open but stays under the bed. He doesn't want to see Ryan's face when he finds out that Brendon had it the entire time.

He heard footsteps out the door and that's when Brendon decided to stay under the bed for the rest of the night.