Chapter 1: What's Happening?

(Ok so I forgot to put the TW's in the first part so I'm gonna put them here.

Quick trigger warnings: Talk about past abuse. Homophobia. Potential death. Panic/anxiety attacks. Self-deprecating thoughts. Blood. Attempted murder. PTSD and anxiety conversations. Flashbacks. Mental disorders/illnesses. Fire.

That's all of the ones I could think of that are in this story, if I missed any out pls let me know in the comments and I'll make sure to add them to here. Enjoy!)

Romans' POV:

I awoke at 4:38am on a cold, summers morning to a commotion outside my room. "Huh? What's going on?" I whispered to myself, sluggishly. I bolted straight(ha! not a chance!) up in my bed when I heard the cries coming from my father and Patton. I threw my bedsheets aside and ran out of my room to find my father and Patton talking to the guards.

"Patton? Dad? Where's Remus?" I asked them making them turn around in a heartbeat with a look of panic on their faces.

"Oh my goodness, Roman! Thank god you're ok!" Patton practically yelled at me. He ran into my confused arms as I looked at my father with a look of confusion and fear plastered on my face. My father, Thomas, finally started to explain where Remus was and what on earth was happening.

"Roman. I-I am so sorry b-but y-you're brother has g-gone...m-missing..."

I just stared at him with tears threatening to spill from my icy-blue ocean eyes. "Y-you're joking r-right? T-this has t-to be a j-joke...r-right?" Is all I managed to say before breaking down in tears. My knees buckled underneath me as Patton caught me in his arms before I hit the ground.

'N-no...t-this can't happen'

That was all I could repeat inside my mind until I heard the almost inaudible gasp of Patton.

"Y-your h-highness? I k-know s-someone who c-could help but y-you have to p-promise not to b-banish him."

My father looked directly at Patton with a look: 1 part confusion, 2 parts relief and 1 part sorrow.

"Who? And of course, they will not be banished from this kingdom! If they can find Remus they can live here! But, who is this person?"

Patton released his grip on me when I was standing fine again and told us both who the person was.

"Umm...H-his name is Virgil and...w-well...H-he's a...witch."

Virgils' POV:

I almost dropped my books as I heard the loud, desperate knocking on my front door and called out to the person, in a bit of an annoyed tone and with a sigh, a "Coming!" as I quickly picked up one of my books that had fallen.

'Who on earth would be wanting me at 7:26am?'

I swiftly made my way towards the door and creaked it open a peek until I saw a familiar, friendly face.

It was Patton.

"Oh, um, hi Pat. Didn't think you would come by today, what did yo-" Was all I managed to say before noticing my life-long friends' teary eyes.

"Hey...what's wrong Pat? Come in and tell me what's happened." My face softened as jjI creaked the door open further to let the said person inside before closing it silently again.