Study Session

Narutos pov

"what do you mean you can't help me out anymore!" I yelled at an annoyed looking shikamaru.

The two of us have been studying together in order to become hokage. I wouldn't have gotten as far if this wasn't for him and now he going to bail on me? What the heck!

Shikamaru rolled his eyes "I've got the chunin exams to work on so I don't have time to help you at least for a couple of weeks"

"you can't just abandon me to hang out with tamari!" I yelled.

Shikamaru turned bright red at my statement "don't be troublesome naruto. And I'm not abandoning you at you so dramatically put it. I'm simply handing you over to someone else"

"really" I gasped "who?"

"umm hello naruto" I turned around to see hinata smiling nervously at me.

"eh? Hinatas my tutor!?" I muttered in disbelief.

"yep" shikamaru grinned "you two have fun" he waved as he walked off, leaving me and hinata alone.

We stared at each other in silence for a moment. Well this is awkward!

"so umm should we get started?" I asked in an attempt to start a conversation.

"ah of course!" hinata suddenly snapped out of her daze "I promise I'll do my very best to teach you all you need to know to become hokage!"

"thanks hinata" I flashed her a bright smile. Hinatas a nice girl. I'm sure I'm not going to have any trouble at all!