Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A few minutes later Amy showed up, along with Rory. "The Doctor's here?" she asked. I nodded. "What's he here for? He doesn't know us yet."

"He asked me to travel with him and Rose."

Rory smiled. "I think if you want to go then you should." Agreeing with him, Amy nodded.

"I'll come back to visit."

They shook their heads, almost in unison. "He never gets to the right year. Could be decades."

"I'll try."

Amy said, "There you go. Alright. Take what you need and call us sometimes."

"I will." I stood up and hugged them before walking out. "Is this weird for you, Rose?"

"Is what weird?"

I spun to walk backward beside her down the street. "Just meeting me, and I know a lot about you and the Doctor."

She shrugged. "I've gotten used to it. I'm glad you're coming with us too, though it can be dangerous."

I smiled. "Something tells me I won't be leaving anytime soon either. Besides, all the running will do me some good."

"It sure has me," she laughed. "I've dropped ten pounds since coming with him!"

We stepped inside, and I felt the TARDIS blow a gust of warm air at me. "Hello, girl." This felt familiar, comfortable. I ran to the back of the control room and started down the halls.

"Careful there," said Rose as she joined me. "These hallways can get tricky."

The Doctor was watching me, later after showing me my room. He didn't think I could see him, but I could. Rose looked at me and I knew she saw it too.

"Doctor, why don't you talk to Breanne instead of looking at her like she's going to kill someone?"

He stood up and looked at Rose sharply. "I am not!"

"Are too."

He grimaced at her and looked at me, obviously this time. I sat still on the jump seat as he walked over to me and leaned down near my face; I could practically feel his breath. "What are you?" His voice was suddenly very dark and dangerous. I'd heard him use it when he was threatening people before.

"Doctor?"

"You're not a Time Lady, and you look human, but no human has repetitive dreams of one person, and especially not so detailed as yours."

I felt my palms get sweaty. "I don't know. And staring at me isn't going to help."

His eyes widened just a bit as he took a step back, so that he looked vaguely amused and no longer suspicious. "Oh, you never know. It might." And just like that, he was back to normal. "So, my two lovely female companions, where would you like to go?"

Rose looked at me. "Why don't you choose?"

I thought for a minute. I didn't want to choose something boring, like something here on earth, but I didn't know many places otherwise, places he hadn't been. "Why don't we set it to random? Let the TARDIS choose? That's sure to lead to an adventure."

The Doctor smiled. "I like you, Breanne! Alright; random it is! And off we go!"

He threw the switch, grinning madly, and I felt giddy at finally being with him, at knowing he wasn't alone-Rose was with him. Rose watched me, fascinated as I didn't sway or rock with TARDIS. I didn't know what she was thinking though-didn't know that she already had taken a fancy to me, as a mother would a lost child.